Any plumbers water heater pros?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been trying to troubleshoot a water heater malfunction. My brothers ***** wife that knows it all is coming to a different conclusion than I am. I’m going by what I googled and YouTube’d. Calling a service plumber is out of the question. I don’t even have money for the replacement part yet. Which is going to be $100-$300 which is going to take a few months to save for. so really only have one go at this before winter. Otherwise use cold showers for months lol.

I have a Bradford White Water Heater with a Honeywell water heater thermostat.
It will heat water for awhile after being reset. Then go into 5 blink code after awhile.

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nat gas or electric? 5 blinks is usually a thermostat or heating element (electric)
gas water heater. It’s hard to explain our differences. She thinks it’s a part that cost $300. She showed me the part and I never seen that. The part I think needs replaced is no more than $100-$200 which is the entire box. She says that is wrong, even though all the YouTube videos and websites says it is.

TinkerTanker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If it's nat gas I'd replace the gas valve. 5 flashes is pilot stuck fully open. That's no bueno and could be dangerous.

Edit: Just saw Mr Glock's reply. DO NOT use a shop vac on it until you wait 20 minutes for the gas to clear. You'll wake up your neighbors :yikes2:

Noema

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gas Valve. Non repairable, just replaceable.

Shut it off, shut gas valve off. Take a good shop vac and clean everything you can reach.
Ya, the problem is figuring out what part to replace. Her and I are taking about replacing two different parts. I’m saying the entire module need to be replaced. She showed some that that resembles a plug.

Latest posts

Top Bottom