Any reason for G19 if had G17/G26?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Besides the collect-ability LOL...just curious where a G19 fits in the mix if one had a G17 and a 26 too? I've always thought the G19 was if you only wanted to one ONE glock (9mm). However, I'm curious if you guys can justify where it fits as an in-between?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
'Cause it really does fit in between? The 19, to me, is the best of both worlds. true, it is kind of kike an all-around handgun, able to fit the role as a home defense gun as well as general CCW. The 19 hides very well, particularly IWB in a quality holster. The 17 is a great nightstand gun, and the 26 is awesome for deep concealment. I mean...it's not like you really need it, but do you want it?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a a7 and a 19, but not a 26. I used to have a 26, but decided I didn't need it anymore. I've done tests on the timer and could shoot it just about as fast and accurate as the 19, but I didn't like shooting it as much and the draw never felt as clean and secure as the 19. So my opinion is mostly subjective, not objective.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I have a a7 and a 19, but not a 26. I used to have a 26, but decided I didn't need it anymore. I've done tests on the timer and could shoot it just about as fast and accurate as the 19, but I didn't like shooting it as much and the draw never felt as clean and secure as the 19. So my opinion is mostly subjective, not objective.

I've found that when the G19 is too much to carry, I also need something thinner, not just shorter grip. So I have a single stack subcompact 9mm for the occasions I can't carry the 19.

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 26, a couple of 17's, a 34, and a 19.

I shoot the 17's a little better than the 19. My favorite carry gun is a 17, with the grip cut down to 19 length.

Latest posts

Top Bottom