Any roofing experts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like they added an extension to the original stack. That seam does look like the origin of the leak.

Can you turn the the vent 180*? That might help and use some high temp sealant. I would get the sealant from a supply house, not a big box store.

If you can replace the seamed stack with a non seamed, I would do that for a more permanent fix.

cktad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
flex_seal_black_liquid_rubber_spray.jpg

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went ahead and called a couple local places to give me quotes. I can see a couple other items that need tending to. I will just bite the bullet on this one as I want it fixed and done.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I went ahead and called a couple local places to give me quotes. I can see a couple other items that need tending to. I will just bite the bullet on this one as I want it fixed and done.
It's difficult to tell from the pictures but from the way that vent cap is beat up you may have enough hail damage to get your insurance to pay for a new roof. A good roofing contractor should be able to tell from an inspection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom