Any Sig P250 9mm owners?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I took advantage of an afternoon off and sunny 60 degree weather to head out to the gun range. I had a few older S&W revolvers I had been trying to sell for a while locally and decided to put some rounds through a couple of them. When I got through, I stopped by a local gun shop to show them to an older (15 years older than my almost 60) fellow who likes the old models.

I showed him an older Chiefs Special and a couple of 10-5 revolvers. He said the owner liked the older smaller revolvers and showed it to him. After talking and looking at stuff (we have done business before) I told the owner I could tell he liked the Chiefs Special and asked if he wanted to trade it for a Sig P250.

I had handled a Sig P250 he had in the display case for sale while I was looking at his store guns and, having never owned a Sig and liking the DAO hammer-fired style, thought it would be fun to own one and try it out. It came new in its plastic protective case out of his gun safe with two 15-round magazines, Sig matching paddle holster, and Sig limited life-time warranty.

We looked at the internet prices of comparable guns to those we were considering trading and made the deal. I have found myself with too many similar revolvers (for my purposes and perception) so I am keeping the nicest of the models and selling the others.

So, my question after this long dissertation is have any of you owned a Sig P250 Compact in 9mm and how did you like it?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have taken a couple of 250s on trade. Decent guns for what they are. Although the trade value is fair for your old revolvers, you'd have to be crazy to make that trade. The revolvers will gain appreciate, the 250 will not.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I owned one for a very short time. I couldn't get rid of it fast enough. HATED the trigger and overall cheap feel of the pistol.

I wouldn't take ten of them in trade for a nice S&W revoler if I had to keep them.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I had several of the older revolvers guns for sale and they didn't find a buyer.

The one I traded was offered for sale at a price less than the price of the Sig, so we made a deal.

I like to try different guns, so to get a new one an old one has to go.

I am the guy in this ATF publication example...probably with the exception of "for a profit" ;-):

upload_2016-12-31_0-22-40.png

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I love mine, but it's a full sized model that I bought dirt cheap at the exchange. I am not sure why they have such a bad following.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the P250 2Sum (full size and subcompact) in 9mm and I love the gun! I find that being able to use a grip that is properly sized for my hand and not just modified with a different backstrap is one of the features I appreciate most on the P250. I want to add a compact version to make the set complete. I also want to get some caliber Xchange kits so I can shoot different calibers if I want to.

I think the reason they have the bad reputation is that SIG tried to do something different--very few understood what they were going for and the versatility of the platform. Bringing out a hammer-fired polymer pistol when everyone else was going striker-fired didn't help, either.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a 9mm compact model that came from the factory with night sights and the digital camo pattern for $350 on sale at Academy. I was surprised how accurate it was. The digital camo pattern wore pretty bad in several spots. The good news is the polymer frames/”grip modules” don’t have the SN# so they’re only $46 new and Sig sells them on their website. I’m thinking about selling my Glock 19 and going with a 320. I’m kinda waiting to see if Glock introduces the 19M at Shot Show this year without finger grooves. If not I’ll definitely go back Sig. I’d carry a 250 but what I’d really dig is a Sig that size that’s DA/SA not just DAO.

Latest posts

Top Bottom