Any sound system gurus here?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
old Peavey equipment. It technically might work, but it might overheat if you work it really hard like playing lots of music through it at high volume. If this is just the occasional voice announcement you would likely be OK.

I still use Peavey 5150/6505 tube guitar heads and have since the 90s but those old Peavey PA amps are another story. I remember them well. I remember them getting hot and shutting down for like 7 seconds or something once this PA we were using. Kind of sucked.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still use Peavey 5150/6505 tube guitar heads and have since the 90s but those old Peavey PA amps are another story. I remember them well. I remember them getting hot and shutting down for like 7 seconds or something once this PA we were using. Kind of sucked.

Yup. After much experience with them I can tell you the one use that the CS-400 and CD-800s have: BOAT ANCHOR! I was very happy with several Crest CA-6 amplifiers on the more expensive end and Behringer (believe it or not) EP-2500s on the lower end. These days I run EV powerered tops and subs. I have four of each, but will typically just be using two of each with the other two as on-site backup.

Latest posts

Top Bottom