Any suggestions for an alignment shop in Tulsa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked this in a 4x4 group on FB and they suggested Acme Alignment. I went there and got a good ole toe and go and the guy had tried to tell me there's no way to adjust the caster on my truck.
I have a 2003 2500 Ram 4x4 that I just replaced all the front steering on and would like to get an actual alignment.
Last one I had done was at Hibdon and that was a less than pleasant experience also.
Surely there's got to be a good shop here?

tomthebaker

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been very happy with Robertson Tire. They don't upsell or try to get you to replace anything that isn't really needing replacement.

I had Hibdon try to tell me that parts needed replacing on a new vehicle that was still under factory warranty. When I pointed that out, they said "never mind, the parts are fine."

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked this in a 4x4 group on FB and they suggested Acme Alignment. I went there and got a good ole toe and go and the guy had tried to tell me there's no way to adjust the caster on my truck.
I have a 2003 2500 Ram 4x4 that I just replaced all the front steering on and would like to get an actual alignment.
Last one I had done was at Hibdon and that was a less than pleasant experience also.
Surely there's got to be a good shop here?

Acme Wheel alignment on the west side? Wow! been doing business with them for 20 years, they have always done me good and have never had to take anything back. I'm not up on how your truck is built and not doubting you but would really surprise me if they were telling you something that was untrue. They do frame work and frame alignments on all sizes of trucks and usually know what they are talking about.

You sure he didn't say camber? I know many vehicles do not have a camber adjustment without adding some aftermarket parts.

Last edited:

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am positive. He first told me my truck only has a toe adjustment then when I asked what the caster was set at he said it wasn't adjustable. I mentioned the cammed adjustment bolts and he said "those are probably stuck anyways".
I just paid him and will seek out a legitimate alignment shop.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I decided to take the new truck to Jim Norton Chevy for an alignment after I lifted the front about 1.5". I would have gone to Tulsa auto spring, but it is a hassle if you want to wait because it's first come first served and they don't take appointments.

Jim Norton's posted price for an alignment is $99.95. I wasn't sure if I would have to pay this because it's only showing 2300 miles on the odometer. They did an excellent job, the steering wheel is now centered as it came from the factory slanted to the left, the return to center is much better than before as it really seemed non-existent from the factory, and the drivability is awesome. There is just enough resistance on the steering wheel while cornering where before it felt loose. And there is no more road wandering.

I am really happy with the results from the alignment, especially on a 7500 pound vehicle! It actually drives like a much lighter and more nimble vehicle now.

I also had them reset my TPMS sensors to a lower threshold. The factory setting is 55 psi for the front tires and 65 psi in the back. I asked them to set it at 45 psi all around. This is the setting where the tire pressure light on the dash comes on when the tire pressure goes below the threshold.

I also asked about a remote start and they quoted me around $350, that I thought was a good price until I found out it's just a software update and not a mechanical parts installation. That just blows my mind. It's a technology charge for a change in software.

Both the alignment and TPMS change were covered under warranty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom