Any T/C Contender Shooters Out There?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My .222 always likes the Sierra 52 or 53gr BTHPs, usually over 4198, or Bl-c2, with Rem 71/2 primers. Doesn't seem to care for anything heavier, but the prairie dogs & ground squirrels can't seem to tell the difference. {they do flips with either one}

Prairie Traveler

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To get back on the T/C track, one of my barrels is a factory 14" .45 Win Mag. Had it "Mag-Na-Ported", found some Win. ammo that I've gone through, now I want to load cast boolits. any suggestions out there? Thinking 200gr. +/-.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To get back on the T/C track, one of my barrels is a factory 14" .45 Win Mag. Had it "Mag-Na-Ported", found some Win. ammo that I've gone through, now I want to load cast boolits. any suggestions out there? Thinking 200gr. +/-.
I always wondered why we never saw any repeating firearms in 45 Win Mag, seems like it could AR or Lever quite well

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I always wondered why we never saw any repeating firearms in 45 Win Mag, seems like it could AR or Lever quite well
Not that popular! It is like orphan!

I was thinking maybe Wildey made a 45 win mag auto! Cant remember for sure!

Wildey - Wikipedia

Most people buying a lever action would gravitate towards the 44 mag and 45 colt!

Years ago I wanted a 357 max for a contender, actually bought the brass, but never a barrel!

Since they pretty much flushed TC down the toilet, doubtful I'll ever get one.

I would not mind a 375 win 21 incher to play with, but I am not willing to pay those crazy prices now days for a barrel!

gemihur

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the big bores
45 Win Mag is an excellent cartridge
With my break-action I prefer a rim, tho
444 walnut.jpg

...............................................................................444 Marlin....................................................................

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The most unfun caliber I shot was my friends Dad's 10" 44 magnum.

The recoil was insane compared to my S&W!

In the event of the recoil, (I assume it was) the hammer took some bark off of my thumb! Made me a bleed a bit!

I once shot a different friend's 308 encore pistol, and it jumped out of my hand did (at least) a complete 360 in the air before I caught it!

deerstalker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a friend pick me up a 6.8spc barrel at Tulsa last week, and this barrel is made by smith and wesson. Pitiful quality. Had 3 spots on the barrel from the bubble plastic getting to hot or something and "Rust" in the barrel. Not happy. But been trying to shoot cast bullet out of it..

Jack Shootza 50

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not that popular! It is like orphan!

I was thinking maybe Wildey made a 45 win mag auto! Cant remember for sure!

Wildey - Wikipedia

Most people buying a lever action would gravitate towards the 44 mag and 45 colt!

Years ago I wanted a 357 max for a contender, actually bought the brass, but never a barrel!

Since they pretty much flushed TC down the toilet, doubtful I'll ever get one.

I would not mind a 375 win 21 incher to play with, but I am not willing to pay those crazy prices now days for a barrel!
Yes, they did but mine was a 475, got it on a trade but only shot it a few times then traded it for something else, making the brass for it was a real PITA!

Latest posts

Top Bottom