Any Tips on Catching a Cat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1641408576084.png
1641408618020.png

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago I had ferrel cat fights in my carport, screeching cats, fur all over the place the next morning. I got tired of being woken up at 3 AM or so and I devised a plan. I built one of those wooden rabbit traps I used to build as a kid (but never caught a rabbit.). I baited the trap and placed it in my carport-can't remember what I used for bait but never caught one of those cats. Then a neighbor gave me a bit of deer meat and I started catching those wild cats! Turned out they like deer meat and the traps wouldn't harm them. You might try deer meat....

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My neighborhood became infested with feral cats a few years ago. There were around thirty cats running wild because one of my neighbors was feeding them. Their house was full of cats also from what I've been told.

The cats became diseased and slowly the numbers dwindled. There are about six or eight running around now but that is still too many as far as I'm concerned.

FrankNmac

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Mom had problems with cats getting on and peeing on the cushions and chairs on her porch and patio. She borrowed a cage trap from the city and after she caught one called the city to pick up the trap and cat. She was an accomplished multi-cat catcher!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
My Mom had problems with cats getting on and peeing on the cushions and chairs on her porch and patio. She borrowed a cage trap from the city and after she caught one called the city to pick up the trap and cat. She was an accomplished multi-cat catcher!
Unfortunately about the time our cat problem was at it's worst, the city quit loaning out traps and quit taking cats if you used your own traps to catch them.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go to Atwoods or Tractor Supply, get some wormier.
Mix it on cat food.
Wait 3 days to see improvement.
Done deal.

No improvement, go back to TSC or A
Get tranquilizer / knock out drops.
Mix it on cat food.
Watch from a distance. Takes 5 minutes to act.
Wrap in towel, put in trap, go to Vet.
Do yourself and everybody a favor, get it spayed/neutered.

Good luck
Try a you may, you cant save them all.

Latest posts

Top Bottom