Any Trust lawyer recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Any NFA trust recommendations? The fella I used I found on here and he has since been suspended by the bar, so I can't really recommend him to my friend looking to get into the fun stuff.

TL;DR any good OKC based NFA trust lawyers?

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
AS someone who has a trust setup I am seeing now there isnt really an advantage to having one now that the loophole was closed up several years ago.
It's true they aren't any easier to get after the Obama Executive orders, but they still are useful as a trust. If you die, your family doesn't have to worry about legally recovering $1000s of assets or more for the ATF, the trust just does what it does.

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's true they aren't any easier to get after the Obama Executive orders, but they still are useful as a trust. If you die, your family doesn't have to worry about legally recovering $1000s of assets or more for the ATF, the trust just does what it does.

As it is now, you still dont with or without the trust. Originally it was a way to avoid the background checks but now with the loophole closed the RPQ has to be filled out for every member on the board any time a new Class 3 item is added to the trust.

With or without a trust a personal representative for the estate takes possession of the Class 3 items and holds them, then once legal ownership is determined all the new owner has to do is file for a transfer of the Form 4 from the deceased owner to the new owner. The ATF doesnt charge for this as far as the tax stamp goes, the person is just out the passport picture fees and the finger print fees to the sheriff.

I went thru this 3 years ago when my Dad passed away who was on my trust, then I bought a suppressor under the same trust (pain in the ass) and then just recently bought a SBR under my personal name. The one advantage the Trust gives you is that any person can take the item with the Form 4 on it and have possession of it and use it where when the item is under the name of a person, legally under current rules the person who's name is on the form 4 either has to be with the item or in possession of the item.

It is kind of a pain now, it was a great idea when the loop hole worked.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bumping an old thread.

I was getting caught up on purchasing NFA items and I noticed the Silencer Shop offers a Single shot trust option where there only a single item per trust. My understanding is that you can add trustees at a later date without the trustee’s having to send in photos/prints.

Latest posts

Top Bottom