Any watch experts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Polywatch Plastic Lens Scratch Remover - I'd use this unless the scratches are so deep that it needs to be replaced.

Otherwise take it to BC Clarks
Unfortunately it is deep enough that it can't be buffed out - that and the crystal is not plastic I don't think.

I took my Breitling to BC Clark by Penn Square. All it needed was a new battery, but it got done on time, so I can't complain.

I guess it's off to BC Clark. Gonna have to make this trip without the wife. Why? Cause.....

Jewelry is the gift to give.
Cause it's the gift that'll live and live
so give the gift you know can't fail
from BC Clark's Anniversary Sale.

Most sales are after Christmas,
but Clark's is just before.
Most everything is marked way down
Savings you can't ignore

At Oklahoma's oldest Jeweler,
from 1892
so give the gift you know can't fail
from BC Clark's
Anniversary sale.

yes, it's stuck in your head now.

You're welcome.

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd much rather deal locally. There's just something about sending this watch through the mail that doesn't sit right with me.

I had a Victorinox watch that my wife got me for my birthday and when the battery died I went to the local watch guy and for $10 he replaced it. Then while watering the lawn it got water inside. I sent to Victorinox for warranty work and they denied it as "Not serviced by factory trained technician" and $250 later I got it back.

Good luck!

SPDguns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wear a Citizen eco-drive on a daily basis. I managed to deeply scratch the crystal in the watch last weekend by dragging it on the gripped surface of an airplane wing step (think top of a skateboard, 60 grit sandpaper). Luckily, it missed the dials of the watch, but the crystal looks horrible. I figured it's time to take it to an expert, have the crystal replaced and get the watch cleaned.

Can anyone recommend a good Citizen watch repair/service business in town?

My grandfather was a watchmaker/repairman and has been the only pro to touch the watch, but he passed last year so it's time for a new, reputable guy in the OKC metro.

Any leads are greatly appreciated.

There is a watch place on NW 39th in Bethany next to American Camaro. I don't remember the name, but he deals in high end stuff like Rolex and Omega. If he doesn't do the work, he can probably steer you in the right direction.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a watch place on NW 39th in Bethany next to American Camaro. I don't remember the name, but he deals in high end stuff like Rolex and Omega. If he doesn't do the work, he can probably steer you in the right direction.

This place is good. Owner used to may still carry a 1911 all the time. Seriously they are good.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1 on B.C. Clarks...if you go to the downtown store ask for Joe. Dang he looks like a brother to Kent Ogle..you know one of the Ogle tv newspeople. Or if you go to Penn Square ask for Gerald..older man with a ponytail. Both are very knowledgeable about watches.

Edit:

***Watches Etc in Bethany; Jim (if I remeber his name correctly) the owner is a little dry and stuffy on the personality side. If his wife still works there..deal with her. He use to have a guy in there..long time ago..who was a rescue diver and was a master diver for the Navy. Haven't seen that guy in years.***

Latest posts

Top Bottom