Any watch experts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is Clifton's in the SW corner by Ron's Onion Burgers? Nothing against him...but..

I was in his shop a few years ago and he had an Oris..racer/TT..I can't remember. Anyway, I ask to see it..nice price.

Something about the watch didn't feel correct..the correct weight and looking close (just with my eyes) I asked him if it was real.

He told he he thought so. I asked him if he would pull the back off to let me look at the inner workings...he said sure, no problem.

It was a quartz...not an automatic. He couldn't believe it and pulled it from the shelf. He was in total shock and looked at two other watches the same guy sold him.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Be wary of the fast fix type places in many cases they don't use genuine parts. They may have a brushed stainless clasp that looks identical to the one you have but we discovered the hard way the quality is not the same. Reputable jewelers are important.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am wrong...repeat wrong about the Oris/Clifton watch...it wasn't quartz..now I remember..it was a replica japanese/chinese movement.

Bottom line the watch the watch was either a replica or it had the Swiss movement pulled and replaced. Now I remember. .its been a few years.

Latest posts

Top Bottom