Any ya'll used Poshmark?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting place... I've used it for some Christmas and vacation shopping.

2 pairs of shoes I picked up for my wife, right now I have 7 more purchases all on the way. Everything has been Priority Mail, I don't know if that's part of the requirements for the seller, if they have to ship Priority or what.

I think Poshmark holds the funds until you receive your item AND sign off that you accept it. Which is pretty cool, I think it cuts down on the likelihood of scammers like Ebay or some other places.

All I've looked at is clothes there, but they have some Home stuff (decor, I think) and some Health & Wellness. Whatever that is. Prolly a bunch of vitamins and male supplements, who knows.

But if you're looking for something to get for your wife, there are a lot of nice things. My wife has always talked big about getting a pair of Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo shoes, so I got a couple pairs for her - no WAY I was paying retail for that shite. Got a couple of really good deals, and then I just bought us a bunch of ski stuff for a trip up north to KCMO around New Year's.

Haven't looked to much at Men's clothes, but if it's anything like the Women's section, I'll bet there's some nice chit. For you clotheshounds out there!

harley128

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting place... I've used it for some Christmas and vacation shopping.

2 pairs of shoes I picked up for my wife, right now I have 7 more purchases all on the way. Everything has been Priority Mail, I don't know if that's part of the requirements for the seller, if they have to ship Priority or what.

I think Poshmark holds the funds until you receive your item AND sign off that you accept it. Which is pretty cool, I think it cuts down on the likelihood of scammers like Ebay or some other places.

All I've looked at is clothes there, but they have some Home stuff (decor, I think) and some Health & Wellness. Whatever that is. Prolly a bunch of vitamins and male supplements, who knows.

But if you're looking for something to get for your wife, there are a lot of nice things. My wife has always talked big about getting a pair of Manolo Blahnik and Jimmy Choo shoes, so I got a couple pairs for her - no WAY I was paying retail for that shite. Got a couple of really good deals, and then I just bought us a bunch of ski stuff for a trip up north to KCMO around New Year's.

Haven't looked to much at Men's clothes, but if it's anything like the Women's section, I'll bet there's some nice chit. For you clotheshounds out there!
How do u know they aren’t knockoffs? That would be my concern.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I nominate this thread as having one of the least likely titles expected on OSA.
LOL, some folks have to be properly dressed on the job. Good stylish footwear is part of it.
My second son was born in a hospital parking lot in 74. I rolled up to the ER but it was time and he was coming. I hollered at this guy walking by what the situation was and asked him to get some help. 4 day beard, sweats, ragged tennis shoes. He came over, told me to step out of the way and delivered our son. He had been on his sailboat for 4 days and was coming in to work as a Pediatrician. For some reason those ratty tennis shoes have always stuck with me. :D:D
In my current job as a retired homey I have two pair of camo hunting boots, One cold weather, one warm weather, two pair of tennis shoes, and one pair of leather slip ons for "formal" occasions.
Style and fashion are required in the business world, but not mine!:D:D

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Used shoes for Christmas?

Saved me a ton of money. Most of the people put up good pics (of the higher end products anyways) and with women's strappy heels you can see easily if they're clean and in good shape. These are. Only the soles have some scuffs. Even those are not much, I'd say they'd only been worn a few times.

My wife still shops at Goodwill on a regular basis. She ain't skeert.

How do u know they aren’t knockoffs? That would be my concern.

Hard to say. Sometimes they may come with the box or something. The Jimmy Choos came in the JC bag, and the lady put up a picture of her receipt from Jimmy Choo Beverly Hills. Three pairs of shoes on it, $3200. WTF.

Although the sellers have accounts and their feedback and rep mean a lot if they are regular or longtime sellers. You can also browse their 'closet' seeing other things they sell. Often you can tell this is just a person who has a ton of nice stuff to get rid of. I can tell you some of them I've seen on there from their pics (some model their clothes, etc.) are obvious trophy wives or trophy girlfriends. Some of 'em would be in that Gun Bunnies or Future Ex-Wives thread.

It's always a risk buying online, but after receiving my 2 pairs of shoes, I'm pretty confident the ones I got are the real deal.

The Manolos are nice, cute and my wife will lose her mind when she opens the gift.

The Jimmy Choos are absolutely gorgeous, they have real Swarovski crystals and they were originally $1275. I paid less than a quarter of that and I'll have brownie points for LIFE. I'm not kidding. My wife has been LUSTING over JCs and Manolos for YEARS. But she is much too practical to even considering spending remotely this much on a pair of shoes - much less their original prices. When we went to Italy she was in heaven just going into the Manolo Blahnik store.

Trust me, for me, this was money well spent. I'll reap the benefits for quite a long time!

:blush:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank goodness I score major brownie points with my gf if I present her with a firearm. I’d get a funny look if I got her heels. She’s a cowgirl through and through, and an attractive one at that ;)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife likes guns, too... but then... she already has an AR and a couple of handguns. She can't fathom needing more, and she always reminds me those are HER guns when I want to shoot them. No way I'm giving her more when I can just buy ME more! lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom