Any Yellowstone fans?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is anybody else disappointed with the mid-season finale?

The thing with Jamie is getting really far fetched IMO. I get it that he's a loser who's so desperate to get laid that his judgment is clouded but is he really dumb enough to talk about his trip to the train station in front of the ho who, as Beth pointed out, is obviously using him and then implicate himself in a murder by hire scheme by asking her if she knows someone who will take Beth out? After-all he is supposed to have a law degree from Harvard. I'm not saying a college degree automatically makes someone smart, but give me a break. And what happened to his kid and that gal and the house he bought with his real father and where did the house Beth broke into come from? Did I miss something?

And what's with all the time spent with Jimmy? I admit to enjoying the scene with his hot little momma as he was getting ready to leave, but what does he have to do with the Yellowstone now that he's working at the 4 sixes? Unless it gets tied in somewhere in the future, which is possible I guess, the whole thing with Jimmy just seemed like filler to me.

All in all I think this episode left a lot to be desired and I can't help but wonder if Taylor is starting to run out of ideas for the storyline which could mean that it's coming to an end.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I admit total ignorance about financial strategy of trucking hundreds of cattle from Montana to leased pasture land in the Texas panhandle? To escape a feared Brucellosis outbreak? Which, to my minimal knowledge has a vaccine (yearly inoculation?) used by all cattle ranchers. The cost of transporting the cattle all the way across the U.S., plus a year of lease fees? How much net profit would remain, when selling those calves?

GC7

Not Actually a Grackle
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

The thing with Jamie is getting really far fetched IMO. I get it that he's a loser who's so desperate to get laid that his judgment is clouded but is he really dumb enough to talk about his trip to the train station in front of the ho who, as Beth pointed out, is obviously using him and then implicate himself in a murder by hire scheme by asking her if she knows someone who will take Beth out? After-all he is supposed to have a law degree from Harvard. I'm not saying a college degree automatically makes someone smart, but give me a break. And what happened to his kid and that gal and the house he bought with his real father and where did the house Beth broke into come from? Did I miss something?

And what's with all the time spent with Jimmy? I admit to enjoying the scene with his hot little momma as he was getting ready to leave, but what does he have to do with the Yellowstone now that he's working at the 4 sixes? Unless it gets tied in somewhere in the future, which is possible I guess, the whole thing with Jimmy just seemed like filler to me.

All in all I think this episode left a lot to be desired and I can't help but wonder if Taylor is starting to run out of ideas for the storyline which could mean that it's coming to an end.

The show has gotten popular and I think we've seen it change accordingly. It's starting to feel a lot like how the Fast and Furious movie started out as a low budget film about street racing, and now the same crew is saving the world from nuclear submarines and flying into space.

I hate to think Taylor Sheridan would let it get this way but he has bosses too and every boss I've ever known was willing to sacrifice quality to get a quick short term gain.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I admit total ignorance about financial strategy of trucking hundreds of cattle from Montana to leased pasture land in the Texas panhandle? To escape a feared Brucellosis outbreak? Which, to my minimal knowledge has a vaccine (yearly inoculation?) used by all cattle ranchers. The cost of transporting the cattle all the way across the U.S., plus a year of lease fees? How much net profit would remain, when selling those calves?
Very true, I didn't even bother including that aspect which also makes no sense.

Gadsden

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The show has gotten popular and I think we've seen it change accordingly. It's starting to feel a lot like how the Fast and Furious movie started out as a low budget film about street racing, and now the same crew is saving the world from nuclear submarines and flying into space.

I hate to think Taylor Sheridan would let it get this way but he has bosses too and every boss I've ever known was willing to sacrifice quality to get a quick short term gain.
LOL, I've never seen any of the Fast and Furious movies and after reading your post, I'm glad.

Choprzrul

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Too me, it seems like the Yellowstone story line really started to suffer when Taylor started having parallel projects all going at once. Too much on his plate and Yellowstone suffered.....but 1883 was an amazing piece of work!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'd imagine Jimmy and the 6666 scenes were to continue teasing the forthcoming 6666 series. Supposedly a bunch of the next season of Yellowstone will be filmed there.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That doesn't make much sense to me either . . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom