Anybody Carrying a Walther?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years and years ago, I used to carry a Walther PPK/S. I retired that gun several years ago, and it now rests in a safe at my daughter's house to be given to a grandchild one day. I've owned several, to include a WWII German PPK in .32 ACP. You hardly ever hear much about Walthers anymore, but back in the day, they were considered to be top quality guns and were very popular. Anybody still carrying a Walther, any model, these days?

Last edited:

HuffSilo

New to the site!
Reaction score
I always carry +1 and over the course of many years I've never found it to be an issue with my magazines.

And in fact every magazine I own is loaded to max when stored, no matter what the caliber. My range bag has 12 PPQ 15 round mags with my range ammo plus my three extra carry mags with SD ammo. All other mags are loaded and stored in my ammo safe.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to carry a German PPK/S. Wish I still had it. Little heavy for a carry 380 but it was a great handgun.

First job out of college and my boss wanted my Walther, a S&W 27 w/8 3/8" barrel and my Marlin 1894. Wanted to say "no" but he really overpaid me for them. The company I was with fired him a month later.

While there are possibly better options for carry guns than a Walther PPK or PPK/S they are a great gun.

Last edited by a moderator:

1911master

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I have carried the PPK and PPKs in the past. While heavy by todays standards they are another of those classic pistols, ie 1911, High Power.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have carried the PPK and PPKs in the past. While heavy by todays standards they are another of those classic pistols, ie 1911, High Power.

Yes, my feelings exactly. Except the classic PPK and PPK/S pistols are no longer being made! I'd buy a new one in a heartbeat if only they would bring back Carl Walther's original design and make them as well as they did in Germany. The 1911 survived and flourished but the PP Series has withered away. Plasticity; perhaps was their demise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom