Anybody Carrying a Walther?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of my favorite carry guns was the PPK/s. Heavy but slender

...WAS... yep, mine WAS too. Heavy but well built; the only design flaw, I feel, is the manual safety on the PP series tends to "drop" from FIRE down to SAFE on some of them as that safety plunger and detent wears. Wish it was reversed so SAFE was up and FIRE was down, like a 1911. Mine did that; ended up replacing the plunger, springs , and safety barrel mechanism with difficult to find and expensive parts. But I still loved that pistol. It was just so darned accurate, and I learned to avoid the Walther bite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A pain to clean though!

Yes; mine seemed to NOT like to be dirty in the least bit. 75-100 rounds at the range was about the max limit then it started to malfunction on me from grime! Seemed like that pistol would get dirtier than most to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Like most others here, I still have all my Walther's, but rarely carry them anymore. They just sit and keep my safe full. Even the three plastic one's I have.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The CCP is one that sits in the safe. Not for it being a bad pistol. Its a really good carry gun, but I like my Ruger SR9c better. If not for this I would carry the CCP. She's very smooth shooting, light of recoil and very accurate for her size. A lot of folks don't like her take down when cleaning, but I have no issue with mine!!

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CCP is one that sits in the safe. Not for it being a bad pistol. Its a really good carry gun, but I like my Ruger SR9c better. If not for this I would carry the CCP. She's very smooth shooting, light of recoil and very accurate for her size. A lot of folks don't like her take down when cleaning, but I have no issue with mine!!
I'm not worried about takedown, but how dirty does it get? Can you easily clean the "gas block" area, or whatever functions there?

Latest posts

Top Bottom