Anybody Carrying a Walther?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Dang, that PPK with its new walnut grips is one cool looking gun. Does it shoot well? What ammo do you carry in it for CCW? Does it make you feel like you're Bond; James Bond, or maybe ... Secret Agent Man? How many mags do you have for it? Does the safety lever sometimes fall down to "safe" when you shoot it? (A fairly common problem, from what I've read). Has the gun been molested or is it, to your knowledge, stock? Do you like it? Is it for sale or trade?

Thanks for the pics!

I've never heard of a Walther's safety lever falling to the safe position unless the locking spring has broken, which to my knowledge doesn't happen to often. None of mine have ever had this problem.

Damn druryj I think you've asked everyone on here that owns a Walther if its for sale!! You got it bad don't you!!?? Here I'll post you a pic of all mine!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_Picture029_1.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN5500_zps3e84889f.jpg

Here's one with all my other pocket/small guns
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN1871.jpg

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lots of talk about the safety dropping to "fire" in the Walther forum. Seems that sometimes the pin that goes into the shallow detent hole on the safety drum when in"safe" wears, or else the detent hole itself gets worn from use. I had a stainless PPK/s that the detent hole actually had a shallow groove worn in it from that pin. I replaced the safety drum and fixed it. And as far as showing me that pic,I only got one thing to say:

Damn you. Jealous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Lots of talk about the safety dropping to "fire" in the Walther forum. Seems that sometimes the pin that goes into the shallow detent hole on the safety drum when in"safe" wears, or else the detent hole itself gets worn from use. I had a stainless PPK/s that the detent hole actually had a shallow groove worn in it from that pin. I replaced the safety drum and fixed it. And as far as showing me that pic,I only got one thing to say:

Damn you. Jealous!

Your welcome!! LOL!!!

P.S.Like I said I've never had that problem with mine, and even went an looked at mine, and didn't see any problems with them. Of course I could go to the range next time an all of them could fail.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If/when you pull the safety drum out, or go to clean out the extractor channel, you can see how the point on the end of the plunger is just not sharp enough (the other end of this plunger butts up against the inside of the extractor) or the hole in the safety drum isn't deep enough. You really can't do much about it either because if you deepen the hole (divot actually) in the safety barrel, it will cause tension to be taken off the extractor and you'll have a whole new set of problems. I finally realized (maybe I thought) that the PP Series was not meant to be fired as often as many of us go shooting as compared to back in their day when old Carl Walther designed them.

Last edited:

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've never heard of a Walther's safety lever falling to the safe position unless the locking spring has broken, which to my knowledge doesn't happen to often. None of mine have ever had this problem.

Damn druryj I think you've asked everyone on here that owns a Walther if its for sale!! You got it bad don't you!!?? Here I'll post you a pic of all mine!
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_Picture029_1.jpg

i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN5500_zps3e84889f.jpg

Here's one with all my other pocket/small guns
i151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN1871.jpg

Wow! NICE!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom