Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I was surprised at the build quality of that little revolver compared to the price.
They get some occasional hate since Taurus makes them. My son has couple and has shot the fire out of them and never had an issue. For $100 you can't find a funner gun imo.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They get some occasional hate since Taurus makes them. My son has couple and has shot the fire out of them and never had an issue. For $100 you can't find a funner gun imo.

Meh, maybe the new ones. My 60’s model fell apart. Bought when Otasco was going out of business. Some piece that was just glued or soldered in the trigger group fell off and the cylinder won’t rotate now. Gave the grips to Drurey. Now just waiting on a police buy back to make a buck off the relic.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Heritage Rough Rider looks...just okay. I think the quality is about on par with what you’d expect. It looks kinda cheap, actually. Oh it’s a fun gun, for awhile, but man, I get tired of the slow reloading process and as far as accuracy, I’m good to minute of trash can lid out to maybe 7 yds. I like to let the grandkids shoot it, teaches them patience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Heritage Rough Rider looks...just okay. I think the quality is about on par with what you’d expect. It looks kinda cheap, actually. Oh it’s a fun gun, for awhile, but man, I get tired of the slow reloading process and as far as accuracy, I’m good to minute of trash can lid out to maybe 7 yds. I like to let the grandkids shoot it, teaches them patience.

I can understand that. By no means did I believe that it was going to be a finely built pistol, but for $100, it'll be fun. I do have 2 nephews and a niece in Alabama that will be here for Thanksgiving, and I'm told by my brother that they are wanting to go shooting. I think this little .22 will be perfect to get them started.

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And my S&W 340PD Airlite .357 Maggie is home! Fed Ex dropped it off a little bit ago. S&W fitted a new hand to properly fit the new cylinder they replaced a few weeks ago...done to address a small problem with the cylinder not turning properly; it should have been done the first time I sent it in, but it's finally done at last, and they paid all costs to include shipping both ways. So finally she is up and running right! I think. I have only dry-fired the crap out of it so far, but everything is in order as far as I can tell. I am telling you, this little gun has the nicest, smoothest DA trigger I have ever felt on a J-Frame. I had thought about putting a Wilson or Apex Spring kit in it, but really, there's no need as the trigger is as close to perfect as I think it's gonna get. In fact, you could almost say it is "Glock Perfect". (Dig). Lightly brushed the cylinder surfaces, ejector rod and so on, and forcing cone with a nylon brush and Q-tips, used a little Breakfree CLP, and ran some cotton patches on a plastic rod through it to remove the small amount of crud from them test firing it at the factory after the work was done. Checked all screws and such with proper sized screw driver heads, wiped the whole thing down, and she's ready to go back to work. Dressed her up in a set of Rosewood Classic Panels in the Croc-Back pattern from Altamont. Loaded with Hornady .38 Special Critical Defense 110 Gr +P rounds with a couple speed strips of the same in reserve.
2a7e75017a032a79a83f1be2ca679f5e.jpg
32b430925c004f07505bcfc1c0157810.jpg
a034e51710137775497aaa3efd1cd6e6.jpg

druryj

Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got the holster and mag pouch today that I ordered from UBG Holsters for my CZ 75D PCR. The quality looks VERY good, pistol fits perfectly, this is the RTBA holster in Burgundy. When I checked out, there was already a $10 discount (maybe for ordering both holster and mag pouch at once? Not sure...) and used okshooters discount code for an additional $13.80 off, total for both including shipping, $99.15. Not bad!

View attachment 139641

Awesome. I have 3 RTBA holsters from UBG and 3 Canutes as well. You CANNOT beat UBG for price and his quality is damn good. Why spend a whole lot more money for not much more (if anything) in terms of what you get?

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to see if my current belt works okay with it, if not I will probably order a gun belt from UBG. I have a j-frame with a 3" barrel that's impossible to find a decent holster for, when I get it back from relatives I have a feeling I'll order one from him.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score

Send it back. I had one that the cylinder pin was very hard to remove. Customer service was great. The gun was accurate but I didn’t like the pin. Came back and it was fine.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have seen reviews saying flaws in the crown of the barrel are common in the Heritage Rough Riders, I'm sure they would re-crown it if you send it back, or a lot of folks said they did it themselves and improved accuracy considerably.

Latest posts

Top Bottom