Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
F30C359B-062C-4B64-8A0B-4BF75A7193E4.jpeg
I put this together this weekend. I got a Bear Creek Arsenal 18” Stainless Socom 308
upper and paired it with a DPMS LR-308 lower. The upper came with an MLOK rail .I need to put some irons or a scope on it then I’ll see how she shoots. The rifle fits together nicely and I’m pleased with my budget .308 AR build so far...they claim barrels are 1 MOA at 100 yards...we shall see. [emoji106]

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 140354 I put this together this weekend. I got a Bear Creek Arsenal 18” Stainless .308
upper and paired it with a DPMS LR-308 lower. The upper came with an MLOK rail .I need to put some irons or a scope on it then I’ll see how she shoots. The rifle fits together nicely and I’m pleased so far with my budget .308 AR build so far..

If I may ask, how long did it take for your Bear Creek upper to ship. I'm just curious, I placed an order with them on Thursday of last week, and it still shows to be 'processing'. Just wondering how long I can expect it to take before it ships.

Thanks.

n2soonerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think they machine things in batches. It took about 10 days to get it but it was worth the wait. The machining was very nice and the fit on two mismatched uppers and lowers was great too. I think you’ll be happy when you get yours. I was pleasantly surprised for a little known manufacturer at a very user friendly price. [emoji106].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to Big Boys this evening to put a few more rounds through the new G48. Upon walking through the store to leave, a little J-Frame Smith & Wesson 637-2 Airweight caught my eye. Paid full retail, didn't care. I wanted it!
SW 637-2.jpg

Getting better with the G48 and new sights. Started out on the 'X', crap ammo, but mostly shooter error. Made a grip adjustment, slowed down, and shot the upper '7' and then 'head' groups after. Grip adjustments work and towards the end I was grouping them a lot better. All shots at 7 and 10 yards - total round count was 135. Starting to like this little G48. Need to keep making range trips. I've been out of practice for too long, but it's starting to come back!
g48 bb range.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think they machine things in batches. It took about 10 days to get it but it was worth the wait. The machining was very nice and the fit on two mismatched uppers and lowers was great too. I think you’ll be happy when you get yours. I was pleasantly surprised for a little known manufacturer at a very user friendly price. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you. User friendly price indeed. Not too many reviews out there, but mostly positive. BBB website showed pretty encouraging customer service engagement. At the price point, I figured I'd give it a try. If it is indeed a good shooter, I'll be looking into their .224 Valkyrie upper assemblies. I've read a few good things, and there are a few very impressive videos on YouTube.

Latest posts

Top Bottom