Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
pix845808673.jpg

FN Browning Hi Power 9mm Surplus MK-II. Being shipped to me Monday!!
Been looking for one for my next project. Spring kit is on the way, can't make up my mind on grips yet , which is just a terrible 1st world issue I have LOL.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
YEAH!!! They finally showed up. Speer African Grand Slam .458cal 500gr Tungsten core solids.
These are near impossible to find and have been discontinued since 2003ish. I've been on the lookout for some for 5 years (long before I got the Lott) and they finally showed up on Gunbroker.

View attachment 155062 View attachment 155063

Look out Godzilla, Adam is on the hunt!!:cool:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
pix845808673.jpg

FN Browning Hi Power 9mm Surplus MK-II. Being shipped to me Monday!!
Been looking for one for my next project. Spring kit is on the way, can't make up my mind on grips yet , which is just a terrible 1st world issue I have LOL.
The MKII is probably my favorite of all the various Hi Powers I've owned (20 or so). They are fine guns.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
And the FINAL piece has arrived!!!!!

W00T!!!!

20200229_110126-X2.jpg

I don't even know how much I've got invested in this barrel... initial purchase, shipping to me (2nd day air required), then Duracoat, then shipping to machinist, fluting, then shipping back, now reaming and chambering next... <sigh>. Some folks say a 6.5PRC barrel will only be good for 1,000-1,500 rounds. I sure hope I get more than that out of it. Don't want to be doing all this again in a year.

We'll see. For now, though I am happy happy! Last bits in place, now the actual build can commence!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
And the FINAL piece has arrived!!!!!

W00T!!!!

20200229_110126-X2.jpg

I don't even know how much I've got invested in this barrel... initial purchase, shipping to me (2nd day air required), then Duracoat, then shipping to machinist, fluting, then shipping back, now reaming and chambering next... <sigh>. Some folks say a 6.5PRC barrel will only be good for 1,000-1,500 rounds. I sure hope I get more than that out of it. Don't want to be doing all this again in a year.

We'll see. For now, though I am happy happy! Last bits in place, now the actual build can commence!
Very nice! I doubt you blow it out in a year. Most high end target guns don’t get shot like we shoot our deer rifles. I’ve seen guys spend two hours at the range and shoot less than ten rounds.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are right, I imagine a hundred or two rounds to get truly dialed in and get my loads worked up. Then... well, we'll see. I've learned a ton already with this build and know enough now to build a couple of other precision rifles in other calibers if I decide to go that route. I have tons of reloading stuff to work with and would only need new dies, really. I can foresee myself building a couple more later if I really enjoy this long distance stuff.

Can't wait to bring it to our long distance meet ups!

Latest posts

Top Bottom