Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve acquired many coated bullets the last few years and I’ve been more impressed with these than any of the others. Very well coated along with consistent weight and sizing.

They have taken the bulk pricing off-line with the rush in the last 6 weeks. But you could get 124s for just under $.06 shipped at that time with a quantity of 6K. About $.064 shipped for 3K.

I’ve ordered 5 flat rate boxes of various combinations this year and the wooden boxes they custom make are a very nice touch that really protects the heavy shipment.

The BBI's were costing me about $110 per thousand if I remember right in .40 cal.
The 155's in .40 at Acme (which is an odd weight) are $43.75 per 500. I'm still a hold out on .40. The little difference in price isn't an issue and .40 is always in stock now!

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
New holster for my Wrangler . . . .

IMG_4339.jpg

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give us a range report on those @Mad Professor
I’ve been shooting precision Bullets and really like them. I might have to try some acme Bullets. If I remember right, the 125gr precision is $235 for 3500 bullets shipped

They have already passed the tests where most have failed.
Complete coverage of the coating to include the base.
Coating intact after loading. I disassembled 10 to inspect the coating did not come off during the process.
They are sized after the coating process. Measurements reflect this. This is one of the few bullets that I had to break out a micrometer to see the variation of bullet to bullet. These varied less than .0007”. I had one companies that varied as much as .0085, yes 12x as much.
No excess coating to come off on the equipment and on my hands. (Smurf hands from loading blue bullets comes to mind) No indication of color on my hands, bullet feeder, or press.
Passed Smash test. Smash a bullet with a large hammer to less than 1/2 it’s original diameter and the coating should not crack, peel, or otherwise show signs of separation.
Passed with no damage from feeding in the gun. After shooting the first round of the magazine, I examine the next round for damage.
No lube groove. I prefer as much bearing surface as possible. Some companies simply coated their existing bullets instead of upgrading their molds to take full advantage of the coated bullets.
Smoke. I use Titegroup primarily and expect more smoke than using jacketed bullets. Some of the other bullets like blue bullets, some powder coated, and exposed lead base bullet smoke considerable more than those with Hi-Tek coating. Many of the coated bullet companies are now using Hi-Tek imported to the US by Bayou Bullet Co. Good stuff! I’m going to also test with another powder that is formulated for coated bullets and shoots cleaner than Titegroup.
Range test. I’ve only tested a few hundred. So far so good. An 8” plate at 25y is not a problem. I still need to bench them.

They won’t replace my jacketed hollowpoints that I prefer, but it gives me a lower cost option to shoot where accuracy is less important to me. And gives me a backup plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom