Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chuter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@chuter I have had better luck with the individual cartridges like these. The main goal is getting on paper though and that all serve that purpose.
I thought those might be better, but I saw reviews of them being off too, so I figured I'd get something I could use in all my guns.
Anyway, a fun little experiment.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My universal laser bore sight came in today: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DZ5BYFG/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

First I manually sighted thru the bore with the bolt removed and zeroed the scope.
Then I set up the laser bore sight just to see how it compared. It was about 6 moa off from the manual method, and just turning it or removing and reinserting it in the bore could change it as much as 8 moa in any direction, so it didn't seem real consistent. But it should still get on paper I guess.

Bottom line; it looks like the manual method worked just as well for me, tho I haven't shot the gun yet.
I figure the laser bore sight would be good for guns you can't see thru the bore.

View attachment 167669

I've had a similar experience with that same type of bore sighter.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
20200708_150733.jpg
New set of Altamonts arrived today!!!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got 500 rounds of SK Standard and 750 rounds of Eley Force 50 .22Lr, primarily for my CZ 455 to eat. Gonna run some of the Eley through my Beretta Bobcat 21A; it's pretty high end ammo, and it's 40 gr FMJ, so I'm thinking reliability may be pretty good with this. I have it loaded up with 40 gr Mini Mags right now, but I did have one failure to fire (FTF) and one failure to eject (FTE) with this ammo last time I took it to the range. The FTF did fire on the second trigger press, and the FTE was more than likely due to the gun being really dirty, as this was after a few hundred rounds. The rounds no longer would freely fall out when I tipped the barrel up by that point. Still; if the little Beretta will get through a couple hundred of the Eley rounds well I'll switch to that for when I pocket the little dude. It definitely does NOT like anything starting with Winchester!

SK.jpg
Eley.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Got 500 rounds of SK Standard and 750 rounds of Eley Force 50 .22Lr, primarily for my CZ 455 to eat. Gonna run some of the Eley through my Beretta Bobcat 21A; it's pretty high end ammo, and it's 40 gr FMJ, so I'm thinking reliability may be pretty good with this. I have it loaded up with 40 gr Mini Mags right now, but I did have one failure to fire (FTF) and one failure to eject (FTE) with this ammo last time I took it to the range. The FTF did fire on the second trigger press, and the FTE was more than likely due to the gun being really dirty, as this was after a few hundred rounds. The rounds no longer would freely fall out when I tipped the barrel up by that point. Still; if the little Beretta will get through a couple hundred of the Eley rounds well I'll switch to that for when I pocket the little dude. It definitely does NOT like anything starting with Winchester!

View attachment 167763 View attachment 167764
Curious to see how the Eley runs in it. I’ve not tried it in the bobcat. I’ve got a couple boxes that I save for the range but if it works, I’ll run it in the 21

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@dlbleak, I'll for sure post my results with it. As you and I know, (others may or may not) the Beretta 21A does not have an extractor; it relies on blowback to extract (spit out) and then eject the spent case. I'll run a box or two of the Eley Force through it, then a hundred rounds or so of dirty old Federal bulk pack, then back to the Eley. I an hopeful the Eley will prove itself. It is said to have an improved propellant so we shall see how well it functions in this little gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom