Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe so lol

iy5gHiB.jpg
Sweet collection!!

TheDoubleD

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"
Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?"

Yes.

www.fototime.com_CB471D13E6D014E_medium800.jpg

Took this to Michael Elledge Designs in Houston to have the carriage rebuilt. The carriage was broken and deteriorating. He completely rebuilt the carriage using the original iron fittings. He repainted everything, and built a pair of key bolts to replace the lag screw holding the capsquares on.

The Barrel is copy of a Revolutionary War British long boat Swivel gun found in Lake George. The Barrel was made by Lapan Iron works in 1976. Lapan had a contract with the National Park Service to to make barrels for the Bicentennial in 1976. Lapan offered two version of barrel-iron and bronze. They also offered a swivel gun yoke, naval carriage or field carriage. They sold these Iron barrels for $140 and it was way to expensive for me to buy back then. The bore is 2 1/8 inch. This is live firing gun, not just a pretty face.

Michael Elledge recently built a carriage for The Alamo in San Antonio to mount there 16 pounder barrel.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
"
Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?"

Yes.

www.fototime.com_CB471D13E6D014E_medium800.jpg

Took this to Michael Elledge Designs in Houston to have the carriage rebuilt. The carriage was broken and deteriorating. He completely rebuilt the carriage using the original iron fittings. He repainted everything, and built a pair of key bolts to replace the lag screw holding the capsquares on.

The Barrel is copy of a Revolutionary War British long boat Swivel gun found in Lake George. The Barrel was made by Lapan Iron works in 1976. Lapan had a contract with the National Park Service to to make barrels for the Bicentennial in 1976. Lapan offered two version of barrel-iron and bronze. They also offered a swivel gun yoke, naval carriage or field carriage. They sold these Iron barrels for $140 and it was way to expensive for me to buy back then. The bore is 2 1/8 inch. This is live firing gun, not just a pretty face.

Michael Elledge recently built a carriage for The Alamo in San Antonio to mount there 16 pounder barrel.

That is just cool !! Are you single or is your wife a keeper at all costs LOL/ Have not asked but I am pretty sure my wife would have a problem with a canon in the front room no matter how good that would be for keeping the riffraff at bay!!!!:cool:

BlindOne

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pics or it didn't happen....
I haven’t figured out how to do that yet with the new website software. I’ve been away from ok shooters for awhile. I can’t even find my feedback pages any longer. This new software shows “0” feedback and I’ve had years of positive feedback in years past. Get out of touch with this and just like that all your information disappears. Lol at least my login information is till intact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom