Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineman1960

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The grip aren’t that bad -- I don’t believe the oversized target grips were standard with the Model 15 (the serial number on these grips seem to show they came off something else) I believe the USAF Security Police Force had target grip on there Model 15’s but I not sure if they were ordered that way or added later -- The USAF Strategic Air Command (SAC) Air Police had Stag grips on theirs

https://www.usafpolice.org/hq-sac.html

Sorry to go on and on ......

These are what came off:
k frame grip -1.jpg

k frame grip - 2.jpg

I got a nicer set from a Model 17-4 but I put them on another newer 17-9 -- Niether set and the new service grips off the 17-9 have serial numbers.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The grip aren’t that bad -- I don’t believe the oversized target grips were standard with the Model 15 (the serial number on these grips seem to show they came off something else) I believe the USAF Security Police Force had target grip on there Model 15’s but I not sure if they were ordered that way or added later -- The USAF Strategic Air Command (SAC) Air Police had Stag grips on theirs

https://www.usafpolice.org/hq-sac.html

Sorry to go on and on ......

These are what came off:
View attachment 182031
View attachment 182032

I got a nicer set from a Model 17-4 but I put them on another newer 17-9 -- Niether set and the new service grips off the 17-9 have serial numbers.

Those are nice. My guess is that they are from a model 19.

Let me know if you're interested in a set of magnas that are more era-appropriate for your 18. I may have spare set that are in acceptable condition.

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, I’ll send you my schedule.
Then again, if one of the thousands of new gun owners eager to try their new stuff accidentally caps you you might be happy I’ve got it!
Yes I will!

There may be a reason I never go to ranges alone, and watch people for a few minutes before I go anywhere near the line. At Canadian valley, we would always leave 1 or 2 people behind at the line to watch our backs when we went down range. Stupid people are still stupid with a firearm in their hands.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does this count as gun related, if I have it full of gun parts, reloading, and cleaning supplies?

toolbox.JPG

Got this at a good price today. When I got it home, I drilled out the rivets holding the top door. I wanted that top shelf always open, and that way I also wouldn't need to mount the TV higher.

Last edited:

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This came a while ago. Just ordered it yesterday. Big thanks to @CutBaitNBlowSh*tUp4ALivin for the tip in "steals and deals".
View attachment 182281
Ha, I ordered first, still waiting on mine. I did add n frame grips.

I plan on testing the accuracy of built in trigger gauge. (It thinks everything is 4 lbs or 12, and is biased by creep.

I did get another ar trigger and more anti walk pins.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ha, I ordered first, still waiting on mine. I did add n frame grips.

I plan on testing the accuracy of built in trigger gauge. (It thinks everything is 4 lbs or 12, and is biased by creep.

I did get another ar trigger and more anti walk pins.
You helped make my mind up to go digital. Now I've been tearing everything out of drawers looking for 2 dang batteries. Fixing to scavenge some out of a remote. I want to see what the pull is on my STI.

Latest posts

Top Bottom