Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dangerousways

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Picked up a glock 24 longslide in great shape at wannamachers
20210410_190604.jpg

Cowbaby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SO HAPPY. Finally found a decent piece of wood to replace my 30-30 31 carbine 94 stock. That pre-war shape is tough to find, kinda a unique butt curve and top edge shape. My el- cheapo Grandad knocked a chunk out of the stock about the size of a nickle crossing a fence and repaired it with JB weld. He did a really nice job but it has just bugged me ever since. You really can't blame him. He almost starved in the Dust Bowl and it changed him forever. So tight his butt squeaked, This rifle was bought right in the middle of the Great Depression just to eat most likely. Just part of our Oklahoma history.

Have not fit a stock in 25yrs. Hope I still have the patience to do it right. It has a teeny bug hole on one side I hope I can sand out or fill but other than that it is a beautiful piece that will sure enough glow with nice figure with some oil. Now if I can just find someone that sells some of the old Winchester red type stain they used.

Wish me luck.

woodstock.jpg
wood.jpg

Last edited:

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
SO HAPPY. Finally found a decent piece of wood to replace my 30-30 31 carbine 94 stock. That pre-war shape is tough to find, kinda a unique butt curve and top edge shape. My el- cheapo Grandad knocked a chunk out of the stock about the size of a nickle crossing a fence and repaired it with JB weld. He did a really nice job but it has just bugged me ever since. You really can't blame him. He almost starved in the Dust Bowl and it changed him forever. So tight his butt squeaked, This rifle was bought right in the middle of the Great Depression just to eat most likely. Just part of our Oklahoma history.

Have not fit a stock in 25yrs. Hope I still have the patience to do it right. It has a teeny bug hole on one side I hope I can sand out or fill but other than that it is a beautiful piece that will sure enough glow with nice figure with some oil. Now if I can just find someone that sells some of the old Winchester red type stain they used.

Wish me luck.

View attachment 201118 View attachment 201119

Try Brownells for the red stain, they carry that sort of thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom