Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NOS Remington 700 ADL Varmint 6.5 Creedmoor heavy barrel in a SPS Varmint synthetic stock. Got it cheap to swap this 16” Faxon 8.6 Blackout 1:3 barrel on it that came in this morning
21C1A849-1327-48BA-B782-37433BA2E3F3.jpeg

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
NOS Remington 700 ADL Varmint 6.5 Creedmoor heavy barrel in a SPS Varmint synthetic stock. Got it cheap to swap this 16” Faxon 8.6 Blackout 1:3 barrel on it that came in this morning

Man, I had to look that one up! First I've heard of the 8.6 Blackout! Sounds like fun!

Lineman

5HCattle Co - Josh
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man, I had to look that one up! First I've heard of the 8.6 Blackout! Sounds like fun!
I’ll have to get a pic of the barreling, it’s insane.
If it does what it says it should be blast, with that fast of twist its suppose to put more energy on target. “Weakest .338” is what some have said but heck if it can take a Zebra and Cape Buffalo in Africa (I believe) with subs, then it should stop a engine block from a ways, you know just in case😜
I know the rifle is gonna look alot different with 10 less inches, 26” to a 16”.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_2156.JPG

Made the deal in a little town that I honestly don't remember going through! I don't get the posts of those that say "I wished you were closer...". If I want something, I go get it. Also combined this with a trip to Molly's Landing for a 1876 Ribeye --- it never disappoints!!

:thumbup3:

zipty6

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one's "new" in the sense that it's a recently completed project.

Smith & Wesson 686-4 with a 4" barrel from a 686-6 SSR, new style cylinder release, 7 round cylinder, and green HIVIZ fiber optic front sight. It's currently wearing a set of American Black Walnut grips by John Culina. Someone had re-barreled it prior to my ownership, so I didn't feel bad about doing the rest. I may get around to having it media blasted at some point, but it's done for now.

686-4b01SM.jpg

686-4b02SM.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I picked up a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 (Glock 19 model) a few days ago. It shoots great and functions perfectly. As many people have noted, though, the rear sight seems to be a little short. I can easily get a sight picture but only if I don't wear shooting glasses...and that's not a good idea.

So, into the shop it went. I cut a small notch in top of the rear sight post to see if that would work and enlarged the rear sight aperture about 35 thousandths. Enlarging the aperture worked pretty good and point of impact remained the same. Of course, using the notch is quicker but it shoots about 6" high...to be expected.

I didn't try to zero it again for the notch yet because I'm not sure that's what I want to use. I'm kicking around getting a swing-away mount and just putting a red dot on it. Can't decide if I want to spend the money on that or not. I know there are aftermarket sight posts that add a little height but they're pretty pricey. I wanted this because it was an inexpensive and very portable rifle. I could easily double the cost of the gun with just a few accessories and not sure it's worth it just yet.

I do like the gun though. Wish I could find an SU-16...at a reasonable price.

Kel-Tec Sub 2000 G19.jpg

20221001_181457.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom