Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes I have
Picture one is buffing bullet wheels with fritz polish, extra bullet buffers and a McCarbo CZ P07 Trigger kit. My trigger is pretty good in both SA and DA but this will be fun to do.
Next picture is a nickel plating set up I got on line with everything I need. I also ordered additional copper and nickel pieces. I'm hoping one of you folks can tell me it the trigger on my CZ P07 is polymer or metal. I need to know asap. If I don't know, I'll put the trigger under a grinder and see if it gets to some shiny stuff (metal) so I can nickel plate. My upper slide I sent off to get it milled for the Holosun 507K red dot (you will see after this) that I'm having finished in brushed nickel and will match.
You CZ guys give me some help
I love these optics. Never had the K series but wanted it so it fits perfectly on the slide. 2 dot, circle or circle with red dot with easy adjustments for zero and brightness Is also Shake to wake but no solar strip on top. Solar strip, not having the option for red or green dot and a bit smaller.
OK guys and gals.....Is the trigger polymer or metal? I need to know because it will be put under the wheel. As they used to say, bust a deal face the wheel. Ha. Most won't get that.
Let know though if you know

Attachments

• New stuff in July 21.jpg
    New stuff in July 21.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 36
  • New stuff in July 21.jpg
    New stuff in July 21.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 38
  • New stuff in july 21 nickle plating.JPG
    New stuff in july 21 nickle plating.JPG
    118.1 KB · Views: 31
  • New in july 21 holoson red dot.JPG
    New in july 21 holoson red dot.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 38

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It should be stamped steel.

Did you try a magnet? If it doesn't stick, it won't necessarily prove it's not metal, but if it does stick it will necessarily prove it's not polymer.

If you read far enough down in this article...

https://www.everydaymarksman.co/equipment/cz-p07-review/
You'll find this statement...

"I did my homework ahead of time and already knew that it takes a few hundred rounds to “wear in” the stamped steel components of the CZ trigger. The one I rented at the range has thousands and thousands of rounds on it."

This was in a section labeled "CZ P-07 Trigger". So a magnet should stick to it, if that's correct.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It should be stamped steel.

Did you try a magnet? If it doesn't stick, it won't necessarily prove it's not metal, but if it does stick it will necessarily prove it's not polymer.

If you read far enough down in this article...

https://www.everydaymarksman.co/equipment/cz-p07-review/
You'll find this statement...

"I did my homework ahead of time and already knew that it takes a few hundred rounds to “wear in” the stamped steel components of the CZ trigger. The one I rented at the range has thousands and thousands of rounds on it."

This was in a section labeled "CZ P-07 Trigger". So a magnet should stick to it, if that's correct.
Thanks but I've had mine for a very long time and with it I have the Shadow 2. Magnet is brilliant and apparently I'm not ha. Had it for some time and wanted to dress it up a bit starting with milling the upper for a red dot. That led to refinishing the entire slide in brushed nickel. Since this is my preferred carry gun, even more so that the shadow, kimber or FNX 45, I just wanted to upgrade. I can shoot lights out with this gun and feel if may be the most under rated gun in the 9mm market..
I had intended to smooth out a few places but then, what the heck, get a spring kit from M Carbo, sand down and polish down to a (Wow. Never thought I could get it so smooth) reaction.
Checking the magnet now... Crossing my fingers

Latest posts

Top Bottom