Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Man those guys are fast! Fun to watch. I’ve seen something similar to the last one he reviewed but the others are new to me.
I’m going to check a couple of those out, I’d like to be able to load a shotgun that quick. Something fun to practice.
It takes a ton of practice. I dabbled in shotgun matches, never 3 gun but I know and have shot with the best in the field previously.
Took some of that technology to the hunting field where I used a standard hunting vest using the elastic shell holders and a SXS shotgun. Way too slow on reloads using the vest.
The belt shell holders were twice as fast.
If one is needing faster reload capability for HD I’d suggest one consider this option.
yeah, In the middle of the night, you don’t have the option to hang 8 rounds from your jammies, so one has to consider that.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In the middle of the night, you don’t have the option to hang 8 rounds from your jammies, so one has to consider that.
That is my reasoning for my set up. I need something that I can grab and have a little "extra" if needed. I have 11 rounds at the ready in my current setup, God forbid I need to even think about topping the mag off with 11 rounds of buck before I go dry.

I have 25 rounds on mine and it does add some weight. My 1301 is pretty light stock, so that helps.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I couldn't leave well enough alone. Stoeger M3500. I weighed my options and ended up with this. It could be the drop, but when I shouldered this compared to the Franchi Infinity 3.5 and Browning Sliver Field 3.5, the bead was there every time. It pointed better. This was 400 less and the action was much smoother than both of the other two.

I've got a bunch of stuff coming for it too. Ordered a Benelli Extractor and Spring, new green front sight, trigger spring kit, Patternmaster choke, metal follower, SS spring and a sling. Also ordered a few spare parts to keep in the butt stock if needed.

Trigger was meh, but it's not a bench rest gun either. I did get a kit to drop it a pound, but it's supposed to smooth it out some was my main goal.

My only complaint was the camo pattern. It's in their DRT camo, which is really nice, but finding a matching pistol grip stock if I want to upgrade it, will be hard to find.

20210713_170126.jpg

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got back from surgery. Wife and I stayed in Bricktown near Bass Pro. Picked up these and got the 1000 count of small pistol magnum primers for 40 buck. Can you use these in anything other than Mag reloads? Picked up a couple of other things including the ammo.

Attachments

• IMG_1567.JPG
    IMG_1567.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 46

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got this crazy TacSol barrel in today, it’s one of the performance X ring series. They claim that it’s the lightest 10/22 barrel in production, something like 13 ounces. I was thinking about a Kidd but I’ve been curious about this one.
View attachment 213595
Very nice! You're inspiring me to build a 10/22. As soon as this scatter gun bug is over 🤣🤣

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Latest posts

Top Bottom