Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Came in the mail today. .44 and .45 cylinder hones, + a cowboy cartridge belt that is 6 in. too big. I guess I will have to take the tungue (?) off and have a shoe shop set & sew it back 6 in. Anyone know of a shoe shop in Edmond that might do it? the 2 shoe shops I used to use have retired. (sad face)

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sometimes it's nice when the grips on new shiny thing don't match its serial. It provides opportunity for a guilt-free stroll through the big box-o-grips.
36-1b01SM.jpg

36-1b02SM.jpg

36-1b03SM.jpg

36-1b04SM.jpg
Those are unusual looking, really cool.

Beau B

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Came in the mail today. .44 and .45 cylinder hones, + a cowboy cartridge belt that is 6 in. too big. I guess I will have to take the tungue (?) off and have a shoe shop set & sew it back 6 in. Anyone know of a shoe shop in Edmond that might do it? the 2 shoe shops I used to use have retired. (sad face)
I’ll bet Al at Shoe Clinic on Memorial could do it..I used to go kayaking with him quite a bit and he’s really handy. Fabricated all kinds of cool stuff for his kayak.
https://shoe-clinic-north-okc.business.site/

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Four boxes of 240 gr. .44 Hornady bullets arrived about 30 minutes ago that I ordered Mon. from Scheels for my Ruger Redhawk.

SCHEELS: Sporting Goods, Clothing & Footwear | SCHEELS.com

Scheels already had them a tad cheaper than Midway but Monday they were also having free shipping on everything so that saved me right at $16.50 on the shipping alone.

Thanks for the heads-up on Scheels. I just ordered 500 200gr .45 Colt cast bullets.
Free shipping. Seems to be cheaper than other venders. I do cast my own, but I am still waiting on my .45 cal 200gr mold to come in.

R D Harmon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Went to make my regular Walmart ammo trip today and they only had 2 boxes of the CCI Mini Mags I was after…

BUT

They had 3 boxes of a caliber I haven’t seen on the shelf in two years at least.. 6.5 Creedmor. I ended up getting one of the boxes of that to get my 3 box limit for the day. I don’t have a 6.5 Creedmor but I know a few friends and coworkers that do so maybe I can at least help them out. Called one of my coworkers to tell him there was two boxes left so hopefully he went to get them.

Other than that my Walmart has a ton of .308 and 7.62x51. Now that I reload it I don’t buy it anymore. They also had some 350 Legend of course and some CCI .22 Short. Ton of bulk .22 as well. Seems like the supply is finally starting to heal and now I’m afraid it’s about to get wild again like 2012.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_20220525_174857.jpg

Sold my daughters AR pistol at the Wanamaker. Finally got all the stuff to make a new light weight rifle budget build for her. Under $700 with Magpul furniture, Magpul sling, buis take offs from a saint, 3.5 drop in trigger with anti walk/rotate pins, extended charging handle, flashlight, Riton red dot on a QD mount, and a Wyoming stag lower. Pictures to come soon of her assembling. She's helped build 3, it's time for her to take the reigns.

Latest posts

Top Bottom