Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

L.C.

👮🏻RETIRED L.E.O.👮🏻
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pick up a new Colt 1911/Series 70 Competition I have been wanting for a while. My local FFL got it in yesterday.
I have some factory Colt Dark Rosewood grips with gold colt medallions on the way for it. I don’t care for the blue grips. Have a set of Novak Adjustable Night Sights on order for it also
841562AB-C482-4456-851F-00FE438CF204.jpeg

IMG_0578.jpg

Last edited:

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did pick this up over the weekend. Not sure what I'll do with it yet but it's a nice solid 30x60 Leupold spotter. View attachment 291567

Didn't know what to do with myself while waiting for my new order of a smoking hot deal on brass to come in so I took this spotter out last night for the moon. Absolutely incredible detail. Eye relief is a bit harsh IMHO, but it was amazing the level of detail on that celestial rock one could see with this thing.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Moriarti 223 Wylde 16" upper with Magpul forearm and Tacticon LPVO 1-4×24 to replace the 556 I traded toward my TC Encore 300 mag. I need to go pick up another stripped lower tomorrow.
I also put together a decent Stevens 320 security shotgun with light and spare ammo side carrier for my farmer gal to carry for farm truck artillery

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awww man, I got 212 pieces of nosler 264 win mag brass in the order I had for 200. Not bad for .70/eaView attachment 293887
When I was a kid, my grandpa's hunting buddy bought a model 70 Westerner, probably 1958. He made his projectiles out of 6.5mm copper rod that he cut the ogive and length on a small tool & die lathe. They recycled ball powder out of 6.5 Swede mauser ammo. The bullets they pulled didnt perform well in thè 264mag but the powder did.
Vaporizing a coyote at a measuring wheel 650yds got his picture on the front page of the local paper. 264 Win mag is quite an amazing cartridge.
My grandpa called it the "earsplitten loudenboomer"

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I was a kid, my grandpa's hunting buddy bought a model 70 Westerner, probably 1958. He made his projectiles out of 6.5mm copper rod that he cut the ogive and length on a small tool & die lathe. They recycled ball powder out of 6.5 Swede mauser ammo. The bullets they pulled didnt perform well in thè 264mag but the powder did.
Vaporizing a coyote at a measuring wheel 650yds got his picture on the front page of the local paper. 264 Win mag is quite an amazing cartridge.
My grandpa called it the "earsplitten loudenboomer"
It's interesting as a cartridge to me because of how it lines up with other stuff. In some ways it's the 6.5 Creedmoor's granddaddy with the 6.5 projectile ... where the granddaddy has a crap ton more case capacity for powder. At the same time, the actual brass is derived from another big boomer --- the 375 H&H which is also the parent for the 7mm Rem Mag. In fact the only difference between 7mm and 264 is .02 inches (7mm being .284 and 6.5 being .264).

Latest posts

Top Bottom