Anybody get anything cool that is gun-related today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This came in the mail today, Vortex Strike Eagle 1-8 with off set mount. PSA gad them on sale for $299, so decided it was time to pull the trigger. Think I may Cerakote the AR before adding it.View attachment 307099
I have one of those on my MK12 MOD1 clone. It works great.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes... This is gun-related. We went to the Dog Trade Flea Market in Sulphur. I found a really nice JM Marlin in .44Mag. I wanted it. But I spent my gun money on these guys instead:

Goats.jpg

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
$1000

It was a pretty nice looking gun. Very clean. Just some minor dings on the stock and a little spot by the muzzle.

Another guy had a like new Ruger American rifle in -06 with a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 on it. He was asking $500 which I thought wasn't too bad. I was thinking of offering $450 but didn't.

Another guy had an adorable blue Heeler. Went back to buy the dog but he was gone already. So instead of a gun and a sweet little dog I got goats.

Most everyone else was asking insane prices for their guns. Like MSRP + 20% for crappy used guns. For example... One guy had a Hi Point C9 marked $350. He also had some .380 ammo...some off brand...marked at $35. A box of Federal .22LR for $15. Yeah...it was crazy. That's why I bought goats I guess.

Last edited:

SimsonSuhl7x65R

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
$1000

It was a pretty nice looking gun. Very clean. Just some minor dings on the stock and a little spot by the muzzle.

Another guy had a like new Ruger American rifle in -06 with a Leupold VX-1 3-9x40 on it. He was asking $500 which I thought wasn't too bad. I was thinking of offering $450 but didn't.

Another guy had an adorable blue Heeler. Went back to buy the dog but he was gone already. So instead of a gun and a sweet little dog I got goats.

Most everyone else was asking insane prices for their guns. Like MSRP + 20% for crappy used guns. For example... One guy had a Hi Point C9 marked $350. He also had some .380 ammo...some off brand...marked at $35. A box of Federal .22LR for $15. Yeah...it was crazy. That's why I bought goats I guess.
Very rare to see a reasonable, fair price there

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I scored a little bit of reloading stuff locally last night. Couldn’t pass on it even though I know I won’t use most of it.

25-06, .270, and .357 dies.
1000 LRP
Lots of .44mag boolits
Some 357 boolits.
Some .270 boolits and I think some boolits for 25-06. (.257?)

Some of this will probably be going to the classifieds.

CEE160B9-9038-4EB3-A086-EFA0A776084D.jpeg

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got in another 2000 230 gr. FMJ 45ACP Zero brand jacketed bullets late yesterday afternoon.

http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchan...ZD&Product_Code=R123-E&Category_Code=ZB-45ACP
I've tried lead and plated bullets a time or two but I've always loaded jacketed bullets in my handguns......my experience has been that I don't get the accuracy I want from either lead or plated so last spring, after exhausting my supply of bulk .45 jacketed bullets, I ordered in and started using Zero 45ACP jacketed bullets and all of my 1911's really like them.

From what I understand Montana Gold and Precision Delta also make good jacketed bullets but I'm completely happy with the quality and performance of Zero.

zero 45 acp.jpg

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I got in another 2000 230 gr. FMJ 45ACP Zero brand jacketed bullets late yesterday afternoon.

http://www.rozedist.com/mm5/merchan...ZD&Product_Code=R123-E&Category_Code=ZB-45ACP
I've tried lead and plated bullets a time or two but I've always loaded jacketed bullets in my handguns......my experience has been that I don't get the accuracy I want from either lead or plated so last spring, after exhausting my supply of bulk .45 jacketed bullets, I ordered in and started using Zero 45ACP jacketed bullets and all of my 1911's really like them.

From what I understand Montana Gold and Precision Delta also make good jacketed bullets but I'm completely happy with the quality and performance of Zero.

View attachment 307913

How does the price compare to X-treme? I’m out of 115gr 9mm And need to get some more bullets soon.

Latest posts

Top Bottom