Anybody get anything MADE IN THE USA Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doesn't Nocona still make boots? They have a factory in Nocona, TX. In another thread, I was told that Nocona still made ball gloves.
For @wawazat also:

Nocona boots sold out to Justin boots sometime in the 90’s, and they are manufactured in China. The old original plant in Nocona, TX is now a micro-brewery that also manufactures baseball gloves. I know it’s a strange combination, but Nocona Boots are not made there anymore.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I get Luccheses on sale...at a place online called Cowboy Chief. My last two pair were the same price as Tecovas.
There was an outlet but I think they opened a regular full price store in the city.

Redwing still has a few USA boots and so does Wolverine, but yeah, they're all making most of their stuff overseas. Mexican boots though are still some of the best you can get.
Ariat - big fat no. All their boots are chinese.
I’ll definitely check out Cowboy Chief, but I think most of the Luccheses boots are now actually manufactured in Mexico.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll definitely check out Cowboy Chief, but I think most of the Luccheses boots are now actually manufactured in Mexico.
They went out of business...they were a Lucchese reseller, and COVID shut them down and Lucchese dropped them. Kinda sad coz they always had great closeouts.

I think most of their boot models are US made or maybe half. They'll say but almost all their Mexican boots have an "M" starting the model number. US boots always have an "N", "L", "KD" or something. They have some Mexican boots that are more than some US ones...crazy. If you go on their site and randomly click on any style, the number is majority US.

Justin and Nocona have US made boots too...you gotta look for them though. I saw some down in Dallas at some store and they were about a 1/3 less and were about as nice...shoulda bought a pair.

Forgot this - Lucchese's Frontier tech is chicom...kind like Ariat and Justin workboots.

Last edited:

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A couple of Mexicans made me a great Burrito combo for lunch today, right here in Edmond, Oklahoma, USA.
God bless America, all of em; North, South, and Central.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s aggravating that “Made in the USA” western wear is very hard to find. The Wranglers brand is the most disappointing to me. I’m not a big clothes shopper, but I haven’t been able to find any western wear that’s made here. I bought a new pair of boots last spring, and I couldn’t find any made here with the exception of custom made boots. I didn’t want to spend $1000 for a pair of everyday work boots. I’ve mostly wore Red Wings for most of my life, but they’re now made overseas. After looking and researching for several weeks, I finally settled on a pair of Tecovas. The company is based in Texas, but the boots are made in Mexico.
Becks Boots in Amarillo will custom fit and make a great work boot for you for a little over $400.

Latest posts

Top Bottom