Anybody get anything MADE IN THE USA Today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was once a HUGE fan of Danner boots. That's all I wore...on duty and off. They've gone all hipster with a lot of their stuff now. And, half their boots are made in China (with American made prices) and the models that are American made cost an arm and a leg. Another American company that's really been a big disappointment over the past 10 or so years.
Pretty sure Danner is a Japanese owned company now.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got my hands on this. Made in the USA, around 75-80 years ago. It's supposed to clean watch parts, but I'll bet it'll make a pretty good milkshake as well.

1669834247385.png

The motor has been fully rebuilt. All new wiring, rheostat, and the old heating element has been replaced with an Edison socket and a ceramic heat bulb.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my hands on this. Made in the USA, around 75-80 years ago. It's supposed to clean watch parts, but I'll bet it'll make a pretty good milkshake as well.

View attachment 324399

The motor has been fully rebuilt. All new wiring, rheostat, and the old heating element has been replaced with an Edison socket and a ceramic heat bulb.

My first thought was "portable still."

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

View attachment 324399

Guess no further, looks like half of a professional jewelers 3 stage cleaner. I believe your missing the bottom half of the unit that has the tubes that puts the high frequency waves cleaning the parts. Those things will remove anything including all of the writing on the watch.
You won’t have a two tone movement for long you crank it up too high,
dont ask how’d I know 🤣

Last edited:

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's mine in deep storage. You have to service a lot of watches for a 3 stage as cleaning supplies are $80 a gallon for the cleaner and rinse.

I always used my 2 stafe first as it took a lot less cleaner.20221130_134638.jpg20221130_135819.jpg

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guess no further, looks like half of a professional jewelers 3 stage cleaner. I believe your missing the bottom half of the unit that has the tubes that puts the high frequency waves cleaning the parts. Those things will remove anything including all of the writing on the watch.
You won’t have a two tone movement for long you crank it up too high,
dont ask how’d I know 🤣
Yeah, I use an ultrasonic for some things, and I've done watches in them. You have to use the right kind of solution, otherwise damage can & will occur.

I use the L&R #3 Rinse and 'Very Fine' cleaners. They are pricey, but do the job well.

Here's mine in deep storage. You have to service a lot of watches for a 3 stage as cleaning supplies are $80 a gallon for the cleaner and rinse.

I always used my 2 stafe first as it took a lot less cleaner.View attachment 324428View attachment 324429
I would've been interesting in buying that from you if it was for sale. I might still be if you're interested! I have a good friend who's really getting into the hobby and could use a good machine. Food for thought.

Latest posts

Top Bottom