Anybody here have issues with Gout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a few bouts of it and have been told by my Dr. To avoid certain foods, just curious if anybody has any advice or experience with it? I do know it is pretty damn painful !

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was told I have psuedogout, but I don't trust most of what that doctor told me. I have found that things like bacon, sandwich meat, and other high nitrate/high salt foods definitely have an effect on me. I eat them sparingly, and tend to do pretty well.

Reloading Rod

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had it all my adult life and I just drink a ton of water when I feel it coming on. I have cut out alcohol, I usually get a light bout and water helps me get over it in a few days.

Cat City Slim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I, and pretty much everybody else in my family, have gout issues. I wouldn't rely on diet. Talk to you doctor about getting on alopurinol for prevention, and keep a prescription for indomethacin on hand to stop flares. I tried to gut my way through the pain for a long time. Eventually I wised up.

Larry In OKC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a few bouts of it and have been told by my Dr. To avoid certain foods, just curious if anybody has any advice or experience with it? I do know it is pretty damn painful !
Pretty painful??? Excruciating would be more accurate, at least in my case when I had it. Couldn't even stand to have bed covers touching my feet for nearly a week. It's been several years, but my doctor came to the house and gave me some kind of shot, and if I remember correctly, I was on oral meds for a few days. I don't EVER want to experience that kind of pain again!

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, gout is one painful sombeech. I get mild flare ups every now and then. Usually when I have too many chilidogs or shrimp. The sandwich meat never bothered me too much, but I only eat real ham or turkey breast. I do miss beer and boloney.

Latest posts

Top Bottom