Anybody here have issues with Gout?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not in my case.
One guy I know was told to drink lime water. That didn't work either.
If someone has chronic gout, home remedies are not going to get the uric acid levels under control.
Sorry, I live with constant neuropathy in my feet, feels like my feet are on fire 24/7 so I kind of understand.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's a link to why cherry juice or extract can help with gout. I take 2 cherry extract capsules daily along with 300 mg of allopurinol and haven't had a flareup in years(knock on wood). I get my 90 day script sent from our OptumRx insurer and they always send early. So, I've got an extra 3 month supply. If it wasn't illegal to share prescriptions, I'd offer some up to the OP until he can get a prescription written. Sure is nice to have Rx insurance!

Cherry Juice for Gout: Benefits, Dosage, Side Effects, and More

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don’t have anything useful to add. You could always call in sick to work with “I’m out with the gout!!!” Now. Heard someone say thay years ago and its the first thing I think of when I hear gout LOL

Sneeker

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a few bouts of it and have been told by my Dr. To avoid certain foods, just curious if anybody has any advice or experience with it? I do know it is pretty damn painful !
I have had it in my toe, ankle, knee, and elbow. Finally gave in to my doctor and now take allopurinol daily. Have not had any problems since. Allopurinol removes the acid that causes the crystals to form in the joint. Its prescription and cheap. No side affects whatsoever.

12gabackup

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, it's painful. Had it for 6-7 years. One Allopurinol 300mg in the morning and I'm good. Still drink beer regularly but eat less meat and more vegs. Hurts now and then but Not on crutches like at first. Usually take a Tylenol 3 and am ok.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had it in my toe, ankle, knee, and elbow. Finally gave in to my doctor and now take allopurinol daily. Have not had any problems since. Allopurinol removes the acid that causes the crystals to form in the joint. Its prescription and cheap. No side affects whatsoever.

This is the first time I've heard of gout in the knees or elsewhere. I may have to research that today to see if my knee pain might be caused by gout. I've also got an appointment with an orthopedic person on Thursday morning, so I may ask them about it as well.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard of gout in the knees or elsewhere. I may have to research that today to see if my knee pain might be caused by gout. I've also got an appointment with an orthopedic person on Thursday morning, so I may ask them about it as well.
I've had it in my knee
IMG_20170909_124651082.jpg
. Swelled up double size.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've had it in my kneeView attachment 342151. Swelled up double size.
Just when you think GOUT is painful. Getting in in a knee is the WORST pain I can imagen. And I have had flare ups in toes. ankles , knees , Hips, elbows , wrists , fingers ,neck ......... Well I guess every joint. Antiinfams will clear it up. BUT are killers on Kidneys. I do watch what I eat now. moderation is key. I still drink alcohol, But again . Moderation. allopurinol will help the uric acid levels. And lots of water. Ive dealt with this mess 60% of my life.

Thankfully :knock on wood: i havent had it in a knee in years. But a good DR will inject a pain killer. an insti inflam and cortisone into that knee after draining it. takes pain from a 12 to a 3 in moments.

Latest posts

Top Bottom