Anybody local do blueing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have mt late fathers S&W semi auto shotgun whose barrel needs to be reblued. Anybody local that will do a good job? Really done want to ship, they haven't made them in years and figure it would be hens teeth to find a new barrel of it gets lost.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We had a guy in Ponca that did blueing, but he gave it up as it cost more to get rid of the chemicals than he made off the process. He had orders from all over the country, so that tells me he was exceptionally good.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Check with J.K. Williams, the Gunsmith at Henry's Guns in Yukon; I don't think he does bluing, but he would know of anyone local who can help you out. Of course, you can always try H&H...

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i called the fellow i mentioned in the above post. he got obama'd by an executive order. he built a shop, bought all the tanks and chemicals, and the executive order made it so he would have to buy a manufacturer's ticket, and the order also made it so he can't have his new shop at his residence. he's now waiting to see if all this stuff disappears by a trump order.

he mentioned mossberg will do blue jobs if you sent the items in, also some guy whom steve baldwin steered him to blue jobs, lives out by the OKC gunclub. this fellow who's waiting sent an item to him, and he said it has a purple hue, so he's not 100% behind the jobs done.

he's hoping for a reversal of the obama regulation.

LDA.45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
R&S in Moore will do blueing, Not sure of the quality though.
I was quoted $200.00 to do a Mauser M1934 pistol, So I passed!!

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Martin Custom over in Shawnee did a Win 94 for me. I think it turned out nice, was more of a deep Black than a Blue. Have no idea if he's still in business or even alive for that matter as it's been over a decade, but I was real happy with his work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom