Anybody near Bartlesville....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody living in or near the Bartlesville area hearing loud booms on a regular occasion??
My sister lives in Bartlesville & she just told me about this. She said it's been happening a couple times a week for several months. She is getting kinda annoyed by not knowing what it is.
She says some people are saying it is shaking their houses in town. People from all over are hearing it from Bartlesville, Dewey, Nowata, & the surrounding areas. Some are saying sonic booms, & the cops are saying someone is shooting tannerite. But are also saying they think its coming from the next county about 20 miles out where they can't go check on things.

I think it's not tannerite, cause I doubt that it can shake house windows from more than a mile or so. I have some experience in this.
Anybody else have a suggestion? I was thinking a rock quarry, but she said more reports are from the opposite direction of the quarry.

Let me know what you think.

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anybody living in or near the Bartlesville area hearing loud booms on a regular occasion??
My sister lives in Bartlesville & she just told me about this. She said it's been happening a couple times a week for several months. She is getting kinda annoyed by not knowing what it is.
She says some people are saying it is shaking their houses in town. People from all over are hearing it from Bartlesville, Dewey, Nowata, & the surrounding areas. Some are saying sonic booms, & the cops are saying someone is shooting tannerite. But are also saying they think its coming from the next county about 20 miles out where they can't go check on things.

I think it's not tannerite, cause I doubt that it can shake house windows from more than a mile or so. I have some experience in this.
Anybody else have a suggestion? I was thinking a rock quarry, but she said more reports are from the opposite direction of the quarry.

Let me know what you think.
Too far away from Fort Sill, but it is still probably the sound of freedom.:soldiers:

Latest posts

Top Bottom