Anybody need lead for casting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I think I have everyone written down. Here's what I have so far. Let me know if I missed you and I'll get your info added to the list.

Dumpstick - 200
skyhawk1 - 150
swapratt - 300
need1more - 200
GUN DOG - 200 to 300
Norman - 200 to 300
Eking - 100
Kendall - ~500+

I was at the shop at closing tonight discussing this with James (the owner). He'll be getting the price per pound finalized tomorrow and will let me know. Once that's set, we just have to finish cleaning up the rest of the lead on the range. It's a bit of a process, because we take apart the back stop of the range and do maintenance at that time, so it'll be a few days before they can get that done. Once the lead is all collected, and I've been able to confirm your orders with each of you, I'll give your info to James and he will have your orders ready for you to pick up.

If anyone needs assistance, I am able to help. If any of your are further away, or have special circumstances like @skyhawk1 described, I'm more than willing to arrange for payment through me to the gun shop, and I'll hold on to your lead until we can meet up, or get it delivered to you.

Thanks.

P.S. I think I'm going to have to start casting bullets after this! It feels weird coordinating this whole thing without actually buying any lead for myself!

Last edited:

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would be interested in a fair bit (500+ lbs) depending on the price. Thanks for posting this up.
Thanks @Kendall. I don't think we'll have an additional 500 pounds if everyone who is already on the list ends up purchasing theirs. There will be more in the future, but it'll be probably a few months before the next range cleanup. Once we get a final weight, and sales are confirmed with those already on the list, we'll know how much is still available. I'll put you on the list, and will let you know what's available once we get to that point. Thanks.

You might check flea bay and see what the going price for range scrap is by the pound.
I thought flea bay was a joke about eBay. Imagine my surprise to find out that was a real website!

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I thought flea bay was a joke about eBay.

I thought it was also now I must go look.

If you are wanting to get into casting I can hold a casting session here to show people how I have done it for decades.
I have quite a few different bullet molds and just bought another one.
It really is not all that hard and I can show you how to powder coat also. All really simple to the point where you will wish you got all that lead for yourself

Kendall

Marksman
Reaction score
I appreciate it. Yeah, just let me know if you have any that isn't spoken for. Been looking for a good local source so I would be interested in the future as well. Thank again.

GUN DOG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If anyone needs some tin to mix in with their range lead, I have a few cleaned radiator solder ingots I may be convinced to trade or sell.

And some 5% tin also.(20-1, actually 19-1).
I could use some tin if you want to part with some

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom