Anybody need lead for casting?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curious if there's any update.
I spoke with James yesterday. First he had to postpone taking the range down, then the snow/ice storm cause them to have to postpone, then this past week he was out due to a medical issue. When I talked with him yesterday, he jokingly said 'hopefully next week'. At this point is sort of laughable, but there seems to be one thing or another getting in the way of them taking the range down. I have intentionally left this thread inactive because I was tired of saying to everyone "Ok, it'll be this week....", only to have to let them down. I promise I have not forgotten, and neither has James. I wish I could give you more concrete info, but it isn't my range and thus not my call on when they shut down for maintenance. Last update I had was yesterday, saying they hope to finally get it done next week. *fingers crossed*

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I spoke with James yesterday. First he had to postpone taking the range down, then the snow/ice storm cause them to have to postpone, then this past week he was out due to a medical issue. When I talked with him yesterday, he jokingly said 'hopefully next week'. At this point is sort of laughable, but there seems to be one thing or another getting in the way of them taking the range down. I have intentionally left this thread inactive because I was tired of saying to everyone "Ok, it'll be this week....", only to have to let them down. I promise I have not forgotten, and neither has James. I wish I could give you more concrete info, but it isn't my range and thus not my call on when they shut down for maintenance. Last update I had was yesterday, saying they hope to finally get it done next week. *fingers crossed*

No worries. I was just wondering. Thanks for the update.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I hang my head in shame, I honestly don't know. I asked him last week what the deal was and he told me that he can't get his contractor to commit to a date (apparently they want to rebuild part of the backstop structure during the teardown). As of right now, I really don't know when it's going to happen. I'm very sorry to get everyone's hopes up. I have no doubt that it will eventually happen. Right now I got nothing! James does send his apologies to everyone though.

thor447

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing. I checked with them today. I think its a safe bet at this point to just cancel it all together. I honestly don't know what their future plans are, or when they will happen. The lead is definitely there, and as far as when they will be getting the construction crew to make updates to the range, and schedule the range for down time, I cannot answer.

When it does eventually happen, I'm going to make sure that the lead has been picked up and weighed before I broadcast it out to everyone. I've tried as hard as I could, and thought that I would be able to help put this together for everyone, but it just isn't in the cards right now. My apologies to everyone.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Was at a buddies house today. He knows about my new forge that was built. He threw a hunk of lead that has to weigh about 50 lbs into the back of the truck that came from a shower remodel.
Guess I'll have to make some sinkers from a mold I made several years ago.

Latest posts

Top Bottom