Anybody running a JP Enterprises Captured Buffer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took my 10.5" pistol out yesterday and ran a few mags through her. Ran like a top with no issues. So of course I want to tweak it some more because I'm bored. I'd like to drop a Fostech Echo 2 binary trigger in, but paying north of $400 is just stupid.

Something that has interested me for a while is the JP Enterprises Silent Captured Spring. The noise attenuation doesn't matter much since I don't suppress, but anything that smooths out the recoil impulse is a good thing. I'm currently running a carbine buffer, so I should probably change to a H2 anyway.

Anyone here run/ran one of these? If so, which model would be best for a 10.5" barrel?

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in my goto carbine. I cant say it smooths out recoil, at least I havnt noticed a real difference between it and my other carbines. If you want to smooth out recoil, id say go with a low mass carrier. In a AR, that moving mass is most of the recoil impulse. Maybe a comp/brake.

I do like the JP because I dont embrace the "sprang".

Pokem807

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have one in my goto carbine. I cant say it smooths out recoil, at least I havnt noticed a real difference between it and my other carbines. If you want to smooth out recoil, id say go with a low mass carrier. In a AR, that moving mass is most of the recoil impulse. Maybe a comp/brake.

I do like the JP because I dont embrace the "sprang".

Do you run the SCS suppressed or can you tell a difference unsuppressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
It's not made specifically for suppressor use. It's made to take out that twang sound and to be adjustable to tailor fit your load.
The best thing I've found for suppressor use is the bolt carrier from Gemtech.

Latest posts

Top Bottom