Anybody sent a Ruger Blackhawk 3 screw back to Ruger for the free conversion kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m considering sending my old 3 screw back to Ruger for the free conversion kit. Any thoughts or first hand experience is appreciated. I recently acquired a new Blackhawk, and I was thinking that it might be nice for both to operate the same. Does anybody know if the conversion kit changes the cocking positions for the old 3 screw?

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didnt send a 3 screw but did send a new model in that came with a conversion cylinder but the numbers didnt match is why i sent it in to make sure the timing was there and when i got it back had claw marks all over the grips and scratches on the frame it didnt have when i sent it in. i know your wanting something else but to me i would keep it the same cause it might not come back in the same condition you sent it in. i would also keep it factory if it was me will be worth more down the road if you or someone wants to get rid of it.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I sent one back years ago, they installed the new parts and returned the old parts.
Were you happy with the quality of work done? Would you do it again? Does the hammer still have to be on the loading notch for loading, or is it like the new model where you just open the loading gate?

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That 3 screw, in original condition, is worth something. Converted, it's worth less.

If you must have both revolvers work the same, consider selling the 3 screw to someone looking for such - there is always that person lurking - and using the proceeds to fund a NM Blackhawk.

If you send it in to be converted, the world will lose another original. Tears will be shed, curses uttered. Please don't allow that to happen.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That 3 screw, in original condition, is worth something. Converted, it's worth less.

If you must have both revolvers work the same, consider selling the 3 screw to someone looking for such - there is always that person lurking - and using the proceeds to fund a NM Blackhawk.

If you send it in to be converted, the world will lose another original. Tears will be shed, curses uttered. Please don't allow that to happen.
You convinced me! It’s staying in it’s original condition. Can’t stand to see a grown man cry… especially if it’s me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom