Anybody trout fishing yet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wonder if there are any trout left in Pawhuska lake? I went by there in September, on my way to look at the thousands of buffalo, that were roaming around everywhere at the Tallgrass Prairie Preserve, and there were several big bass boats on the lake fishing, and that lake stunk very bad! On a more positive note, those buffalo were fun to watch, and you had to stop every hundred to two hundred yards because of all the buffalo that were standing and laying in the road. We also saw several deer and a couple dozen coyote scattered throughout the place...

tou860

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Where would you fish for trout if you were in the Tulsa region, I usually am a wiper, striper, white bass/sandies guy but never trout fish, would love to take the wife out to just kill time.

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Branson with the family. Went to the trout hatchery at Table Rock Lake and let the kids feed the fish. That place is quite the operation. The lady working there said they had about 700,000 fish on the property and I believe it. Rows and rows of fish. The kids had a blast also.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just got back from a trip to Branson with the family. Went to the trout hatchery at Table Rock Lake and let the kids feed the fish. That place is quite the operation. The lady working there said they had about 700,000 fish on the property and I believe it. Rows and rows of fish. The kids had a blast also.

There's a similar operation at Roaring River. Pretty cool.

Master Carper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been to Roaring River several times trout fishing. The best time I ever had though, was right after the season opened in March and it started snowing and freezing. Myself and 2 other people were fishing and we limited out on 3 pound trout in less than ten minutes. We all caught a fish per cast and caught the fish we were casting to. Best day there ever! All in all though, 3 days of fishing and 3 limits of trout...

I wish the Wardens were more present there though. I have seen people carry out 20-30 plus trout per stringer or fish basket, and nobody say a word to them!

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20161229_0e367cdd7faefe711207d4428a1bdf94.jpg

Wife and I caught about 3 like this on Monday at Watonga, it was our first time out this season.

Latest posts

Top Bottom