Anybody wanna help move a truck from BA to Bixby?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
It's been a few years back but a friend of mine bought an old truck to fix up and we rented a nice car hauler for around $50. Loaded the truck using a come-along. Easy peasy!

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've thought about the AAA route...just figured I would give this a try first to see if someone was game to help.

Too wide for a Uhaul trailer...idunno about a dolly but it's an option I suppose.

When I was moving a car before and rented a Uhaul to do it...I couldn't find anywhere else to rent a carhauler (and as stated above, they're not wide enough for the truck).

I will figure something out...I hope lol

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well good news and bad news (for me).

Good: Looks like Uhaul changed their trailers and it DOES fit my truck now. $55 to rent one for 6 hours which should be more than enough.

Bad: doesnt show any available in the area in the week available I have to do this. "Uhaul representative will contact you for alternate options" whatever the heck that means. So..I "booked" one...but no telling if they will actually have something for me to use or if I'll have to drive to OKC to get it?

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would check the dollies, I hauled my 84 Olds Cutlass on one and that thing was as wide as a truck. Just have to pop the driveshaft and hang it, would take maybe 10 minutes to get setup.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well good news and bad news (for me).

Good: Looks like Uhaul changed their trailers and it DOES fit my truck now. $55 to rent one for 6 hours which should be more than enough.

Bad: doesnt show any available in the area in the week available I have to do this. "Uhaul representative will contact you for alternate options" whatever the heck that means. So..I "booked" one...but no telling if they will actually have something for me to use or if I'll have to drive to OKC to get it?
This is the one we used. Herc Rentals.

https://www.hercrentals.com/us/rentals/trucks-trailers/trailers.html?a_source=sideNav

Looks like there is one on Mingo Rd.

https://www.hercrentals.com/us/loca...ceType=website&filter=&zip=74103&a_source=zip

MavMatt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used a U-Haul dolly last weekend to haul my maverick, cost me $59 with tax and insurance, I’ll pay an extra $4 Incase I tear something up. It worked awesome. The guys in owasso off 96 street are open 7 days a week

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess I could do for you like others do for me, "I'll pray for you but I won't help." That's usually what I get except they don't say they won't help-I know it!

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess I could do for you like others do for me, "I'll pray for you but I won't help." That's usually what I get except they don't say they won't help-I know it!

Don't know what that is all about but generally I am the guy who does help. I don't have a trailer and driving towards Tulsa from where I am doesn't make a lot of sense on this exact topic. However I did drive down to Shawnee and help someone with something and am more than willing to help other people out. I have loaned out specialized tools as well to help people. I don't tend to read everything on the forum but when someone asks for help and I read the topic and can actually do something about it I usually do. I am also the guy you hope is driving along and don't have an appointment to go to when you are broke down on the side of the road. I have stopped multiple times to help people out. I stopped and helped one woman when I was dead tired on a long road trip and fixed the issue she had with her alternator (wire had broke) and got her started and going again. Not to mention other countless times for other reasons.

I have also had other people who wish not to be named help me out with a few things before and after my wife passed away, they know who they are and all have my eternal gratitude.

And I should also say that for things I have knowledge and ability I am ALWAYS willing and ready to give a helping hand. The issue I come across more often than not is that people don't want to accept the help available.

Latest posts

Top Bottom