Anyone affiliated with Big Boys?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not surprised at the response you got @ratski. There are lots of folks that I wouldn't want to see even attempt to shoot full auto, especially so in an enclosed range building.
I can agree, to a point.

I've been shooting full auto form more than 20 years.
I'm not a "mag dump" kind of shooter, but invariably some folks want to do that.

Even my staff shoot FA well.
We have been down that road before

And when you consider the cost of acquisition of these things, I'd be willing to bet that 99.9% of full auto shooters are not novice shooters.
Some can be.
And ranges that rent Class III to people with no experience will see issues, but that isn't the case here.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think Big Boys is an excellent range - best one I've ever been to anyhow.
I'm not saying it isn't a good range, just wasn't a good first impression.

I'm not a fan of places that treat customers poorly.
That was my first impression.

I understand that the business that they are in can get a lot of inexperienced shooters showing up, but you need to have SOME interaction with your customers to find that out.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can agree, to a point.

I've been shooting full auto form more than 20 years.
I'm not a "mag dump" kind of shooter, but invariably some folks want to do that.

Even my staff shoot FA well.
We have been down that road before

And when you consider the cost of acquisition of these things, I'd be willing to bet that 99.9% of full auto shooters are not novice shooters.
Some can be.
And ranges that rent Class III to people with no experience will see issues, but that isn't the case here.
A friend of mine used to own a range where he rented pistols and full autos, and they weren’t really any more troublesome than the people who rented pistols. The only “problem” was that some were more time-consuming to clean.

And I agree that the high barrier to entry means that FA owners are less likely to behave like dumbasses with guns. Yeah, they’re people, and people make mistakes, but an NFA owner has a big investment of time and hard cashy money in those firearms.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not allowing machineguns on your lanes as a business practice just removes your most high-end customers. It would be no different than a realtor not selling properties to millionaires.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about Wilshire? Don't they sell and rent FA?
@Beau B
They rent a huge selection of post-samples but they aren't for sale as they are restricted to dealers. I've only been in the lanes once and it was super cramped. It wasn't a place to take my wife and son or a couple of friends and all the guns I typically take. Nice place though. If it was a guy and his pistol, it'd be okay.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So, I'm curious about a few things.

I'll give them a call but figured I'd start here to see if anyone knows....

At least once a year, I like to take my office out for a nice little Schützenfest.
We book the day out of the office and go have fun.
I provide the guns and ammo.

It is a team bonding exercise as well a hell of a lot of fun.

And it it something that the staff always talks about, enjoys and asks "when are we going again?"

So figured I'd try Big Boys in Mustang. Probably the closest indoor range to Lawton that can handle a group.

There would be 6-9 of us (depending on whether Significant others tagged along)
Shooting would involve all pistol calibers from .22 to .44 mag.

I usually take an M16 and Uzi and sometimes a Thompson.

So, anyone know if we can rent/reserve like 3 lanes together?
Do they allow all calibers?
Do they allow full auto?
full auto rifle?
Are there instructors on site that can be hired? While all of the girls have experience, occasionally I like to have a RO around.

Since I hear a lot about the place, figured some of you can give some information and discussion that I might forget if I just called.

Thanks

Dave
Call and talk to Mike, he is the owner. He is always went above and beyond when we had eaten shoots there.

Latest posts

Top Bottom