Anyone at the Chili Bowl right now?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Back in the 80's when the chili bowl was held on New Years day, My son and I raced our three wheelers during the chili bowl in our divisions. He raced Youth and I raced Pro. That was a tough track where they put down coke syrup so one could get traction on the smooth cement. It was so sticky you could walk out of your tennis shoes if you got on it.
Pretty exciting closed course racing. One mistake and you came in last.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back in the 80's when the chili bowl was held on New Years day, My son and I raced our three wheelers during the chili bowl in our divisions. He raced Youth and I raced Pro. That was a tough track where they put down coke syrup so one could get traction on the smooth cement. It was so sticky you could walk out of your tennis shoes if you got on it.
Pretty exciting closed course racing. One mistake and you came in last.
I think that was a different race I remember the one your talking about maybe I’m wrong the chili bowl as well as the shootout is run on a dirt track 1/5th mile no coke syrup with drivers from all over the country sometimes the world as well as racers from all kinds of motorsports I seen them race on the cement with coke syrup with quads during the Daryl starbird car show

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I think that was a different race I remember the one your talking about maybe I’m wrong the chili bowl as well as the shootout is run on a dirt track 1/5th mile no coke syrup with drivers from all over the country sometimes the world as well as racers from all kinds of motorsports I seen them race on the cement with coke syrup with quads during the Daryl starbird car show
39 states and 5 countries represented this week

Latest posts

Top Bottom