Anyone been to GunWorld lately?!?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would guess they're having to pay significantly increased prices to get it, not to mention lower stock PLUS higher price means lower movements of stock. In order to maintain the storefront, rent, insurance and utilities, pay previous obligations and keep the same or similar staff, they need to make more per unit than before, since less units are moving.

I'm not saying they're NOT gouging, but it's very possible they're not gouging as much as people think - not like Dong's does 24/7/365, for instance.

<edit> For instance, I just checked and sgammo.com is selling 9mm Winchester FMJ "Active Duty" at $0.80/round and LE JHP 9mm at $1.24/round. And no one's ever accused them of being gougers. They're no CTD, for sure.

Similarly, their .40 S&W JHP is $2/round and there is NO .45ACP. Armscor .22 JHP is $0.60/round and .44 Magnum is $2-2.30/round.

Last edited:

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I walked around the Chickasha military crap/gun show yesterday. Stupid prices. 9mm $1 to $1.25 fir ball, 45 long colt my buddy was looking for $1.50 and up per round. And even more stupid prices on guns. Wasted my $10. Never again, it was my last attendance. I had not been to a gun show in over 20years till 4 years or so ago. 25 years ago they started getting stupid. A guy could find something here and there, but all of them except Wannemachers ain’t worth the price of admission now days.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Gun world was very proud of their inventory the last time I went in there, and if questioned about how they came to that price you needed to be prepared to not come back, lol. That was almost 13 years ago and I haven’t been back since. Hopefully they got their ventilation system updated, I always liked the gun range there.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went to Chickasha yesterday as well, I walked back in my garage with empty hands for the first time in my gun show life. Nice stuff down there but I was surprised at some of the prices.

Mostly a militaria show but it makes me curious if all gun shows are in the same ballpark, pricing wise?

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would guess they're having to pay significantly increased prices to get it, not to mention lower stock PLUS higher price means lower movements of stock. In order to maintain the storefront, rent, insurance and utilities, pay previous obligations and keep the same or similar staff, they need to make more per unit than before, since less units are moving.

I'm not saying they're NOT gouging, but it's very possible they're not gouging as much as people think - not like Dong's does 24/7/365, for instance.

<edit> For instance, I just checked and sgammo.com is selling 9mm Winchester FMJ "Active Duty" at $0.80/round and LE JHP 9mm at $1.24/round. And no one's ever accused them of being gougers. They're no CTD, for sure.

Similarly, their .40 S&W JHP is $2/round and there is NO .45ACP. Armscor .22 JHP is $0.60/round and .44 Magnum is $2-2.30/round.
Gunworld prices with no pandemic and ample supply is typically double what sgammo is. After Sandy Hook I went in to kill some time and bricks of 22 were $90. Their were literally a half dozen price stickers. I'm guessing everytime they sold one they raised the price to see what the ceiling was.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

okduckhntr

Marksman
Reaction score
Gun world was very proud of their inventory the last time I went in there, and if questioned about how they came to that price you needed to be prepared to not come back, lol. That was almost 13 years ago and I haven’t been back since. Hopefully they got their ventilation system updated, I always liked the gun range there.
Same here. I went twice, years and years ago. Hell, back then they were 40% higher on guns and ammo.
Never stepped foot in since.

Michael Armstrong

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

We made more money selling 9mm at $8-10 per box than we do now at $45. Not even percentage, actual dollars. And we sell extraordinarily more now. Nobody wanted it until they couldn't buy it lol

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
These were taken July of last year, I cant even imagine what they're up to now. I think the place is just a front so they can write it off for the taxes. I refuse to give them any business, but every few years I'll walk in for a good laugh and then leave.

IMG_2373.jpg
IMG_2374.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom