Anyone build a steam powered car? Wood gas?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grendelshooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the Old Man and I were talking civilizational collapse, as one does while bbq-big, and transportation came up.
it struck me that a steam/wood gas vehicle would be a fun project, theoretically.
Anyone here ever done one?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Supposedly the Germans used "wood gas" to power some of their vehicles near the end of WWII, but I can't say that I have. Seems like I've run across that while researching antique tractors, too.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Supposedly the Germans used "wood gas" to power some of their vehicles near the end of WWII, but I can't say that I have. Seems like I've run across that while researching antique tractors, too.
Those were gasifiers.The wood Smolders and produces a gas that is used for combustion

CC379

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the Old Man and I were talking civilizational collapse, as one does while bbq-big, and transportation came up.
it struck me that a steam/wood gas vehicle would be a fun project, theoretically.
Anyone here ever done one?
if you are very ambitious have well above average skills and a large bank account you can build anything Kory Anderson built this 150 Case from blueprints

Latest posts

Top Bottom