Anyone carry a back up gun?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I know Junior has a different holster company he uses from past threads, but I have a Charter Bulldog 44 Special, and bought a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Pancake holster, and I love it. All leather, and if you add the straps, it can be IWB or OWB.

ParkingLot

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright, just picked up a LCR in .38+p flavor and a pocket holster. Went to see a movie at the Warren and it wasn't even noticeable. Much more comfortable than my G23 even with the CB supertuck. I'm just hopping my wife won't take it from me to use as her EDC!

english kanigit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to frequently carry a BUG especially when on the road traveling. I might still if a revolver was my primary because of how slow and difficult they can be to reload under stress.

What opened my eyes to this was going through South Narc's "ECQC" class. Rolling around in dirt and gravel with somebody or multiple somebodies and sim-guns really cause a simplification of things. It's hard enough to work with one dude in a '****ed up tangle' and worry about only two guns (yours and theirs) without adding a third into the mix.

Consequently I now only rock one gun and always one magazine unless there's a damn good reason to do otherwise. That magazine isn't for running out of ammunition either. It's for dealing with a magazine induced malfunction or a magazine accidentally ejected during a fight.

It isn't pretty or fun but training like that is important. Getcha some.

Ek :idea:

Latest posts

Top Bottom