Anyone do a wrap?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shlongmaster

New to the site!
Reaction score
Pondering doing a partial wrap on a boat I bought. It’s an aluminum boat. The area I would wrap is is about 11” tall by just over 21’. Thinking of just a solid color.

Any experience with wraps including the install.
I did my first wrap on my jeep and you should do it. YouTube will be your best friend and you should do it because what you are talking about should be simple, where it gets hard is when you wrap around corners and steep bends. On my 1999 jeep, the most difficult part was my front fenders ! Holy SHlT I had to throw away 5 or 6 attempts because you have 3 tight bends in which 2 are 90 degrees and the front part where the turn signal sits is a really goofy shape that goes from narrow to wide so you really have to cut an extra large piece wrap because you will come short at the finish line. I
I got my wraps from Metro Restyling and they always shipped fast.
The one thing you got to realize to and may not be a problem for your boat but I had to use a lot of fillers to fill all imperfection in the metal and in the paint because even tiny paint chips would show through the wrap but I doubt you need to worry about that and you dodged a big bullet.
The reason I learned to wrap my own Jeep is because now that I learned how to wrap the real tough areas, I can now change the color of my Jeep when ever I feel like it and it will look amazing for only $800 of wrap !

Latest posts

Top Bottom