Anyone else get ruthlessly bumped this month?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like shooting USPSA because I'm flat out horrible at it. It's quite hard for me. Hence, why I like it. I could care less about my classification, as my results show. I just want to have fun, be safe, show improvement, and not be last.

rockon71385

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why is everyone so caught up on classifications.I know C&D shooters who can out shoot A and B shooters. I have been shooting 15 yrs and could be a master but I do not care what my classification is. I hate to see new shooters all upset because they are just a D shooter. They usually get upset and get out of the shooting sports because they can not be an A shooter in a year. I know a lot of A and B shooters who are very good and could be masters but it took them years to get there.I seen a person at a match showing off his classification card and shot very poorly. These local matches don't mean a thing. You should use them as practice only. Guys stop telling everyone how wonderful you are and you are an A shooter in every division because truthfully,you probably went to a local match were you got classified in one day. I just had to get this off my chest. Lets get some new shooters.

It's easy to sit back and discredit classifications. Saying, "I could be _ class if I wanted to" is like saying, "I could train hard, eat right, and win an olympic gold medal if I wanted to." Basically, could and would mean jack. Yes there are guys who are classified above their skill level, and yes there are guys who are classified below their skill level. The classification system doesn't exactly measure all the skills you need to put on a solid match performance, but for the most part, the guys carrying the A-GM cards(not me) are the better shooters.

I think the classification system was designed to attract new shooters. Instead of the new guys having to shoot against the top dogs in the big pond, they can come to a big match and compete against other people in their own skill level. The classification system works great for beginners IMO. The people that ruin it are the guys that have been sitting in C/B class for 10 years and still show up at majors to compete against guys who have been shooting for 1-2 years.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The people that ruin it are the guys that have been sitting in C/B class for 10 years and still show up at majors to compete against guys who have been shooting for 1-2 years.

I was hoping to be one of those shooters you mentioned above. Taking home plaque after plaque from my "C" class dominance! :contract:

However, I just looked up my classification and I am now "B" class production despite only having a 59.73%. WTF? I guess I must have raised a flag when I hit 59% and switched to L10 the next match.

Now that I am "B" class please do not beat me at the local matches if you are only a "C" or "D" class even though the local matches don't matter. :laugh6:

I agree we need more shooters. I personally bug the crap out of all of my friends until they come to a match. I wish someone would have bugged me to come out and shoot 10 years ago. Maybe I could have a few more "C" class plaques in my living room.:pms2:

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my first classification in production (actually first classification in USPSA) class and ended up in B. Either I'm getting "lucky" in my classification shoots or others are .... :laugh6:

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got my first classification in production (actually first classification in USPSA) class and ended up in B. Either I'm getting "lucky" in my classification shoots or others are .... :laugh6:

Classic case of a D class shooter gaming the classifiers. Just kidding Mitch! You are definately in the B class since you can kick my butt.

seanmccanne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I'm coming over to the tupperware side of the force and buying a Glock35. So now I can shoot limited and production in .40 minor.

I'm going to try to make the H&H classifier match in a couple of weeks to see if I can get classed in production and we'll go from there.

:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom