Anyone else hate the new Google+/YouTube alliance?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know how the hell it's happened, but somehow I now have like 3 YouTube sign-ins with the same username and password, only one has any videos on it (some old ones), and a Google+ and YouTube account under my FULL REAL NAME which has newer videos...

I have been messing with it off and on and trying merge all of this into one single sign-in and account AND have it not display my FULL REAL NAME. I want to use my nickname as the display. I don't give two shits about Google+ and its "circles", I don't want FB, Instagram, Twitter or Google+ - I don't want to participate in social media BS. I just want to be able to upload videos to YouTube under my NICKNAME. That's all. And this new association system with Google+ accounts has made it ridiculously complicated and convoluted.

Dangit.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's not 'new'... but yeah, it blows.

Well, it's about a year or so old... and they've been changing the look here and there, too, apparently. I've been watching some YouTube videos where people try to show how to fix this problem and alot of times their videos don't have the same buttons and links I do, because they keep changing how everything works and links and moves and all that crap. Ugh!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It really blows. I upload to seven different accounts... Sometimes I want to pull my hair out. It wouldn't be so bad if you could condense multiple brands into one G+ account.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't even know what Google+ does but I'm constantly fighting it every time I try to do anything online. It's always taking whatever I'm doing and posting it other places, now it's started moving pictures I have on one device and posting them on every other device I have a Google account on. If I wanted to move that stuff I'd do it myself, I frickin hate Google+, I tried to disable a couple times but it keeps coming back.

Latest posts

Top Bottom